help reqiured please

More
21 May 2015 08:05 #32819 by tetleys
help reqiured please was created by tetleys
Hi all. I would really appreciate some help please. I would like to purchase a walkera devo 10 transmitter and have it connected to my 4 heli models. Could someone please tell me what i would need to do this please. The models i have are as follows. 1. Align 450 plus. With futaba mr. 2. Align 250 dfc with specktrum beast x. 3. Wltoys v911 v2 ( no idea what thats running on) 4. wltoys v931 ( again no idea what thats running on). It would be great to have just one trasmitter for them all as i have 4 trasmitters at the moment which isnt ideal. If someone would be kind enough to explain exactly what i needed to buy and do in very simple terms please as although i can fly ok i have very little understanding of receivers and tranmitters etc. I already have learnt from here the deviation software will not support futaba..so my first question would be. If i removed the align mr flybarless unit from my 450 what very easy to setup flybarless unit would i replace it with?. Also. Is it possible that my 250 with spektrum beastx just simply bind up? And also what do i need to do with the wltoys v911v2 and wltoys v931? Sorry for the long enquiry and thank you all in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2015 09:06 #32823 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic help reqiured please
Didn't you already ask this question and get it answered?

But with a Devo10 running deviationTx, you'll need to add an A7105 module to it to fly the V911, and an NRF24L01 for the V931. The beastX is a flight controller, but I believe it has to have a spectrum receiver, which will work with that transmitter with no further modification. The Futaba protocols aren't supported, so you'll either have to stay with the futuba radio, buy a replacement Rx (assuming it's just the Rx), or disect the Tx and see if that protocol can be added (will will generate much applause if it works!).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 May 2015 22:52 #32844 by tetleys
Replied by tetleys on topic help reqiured please
Hi thanks for your reply and yes i did ask these questions before, however i need to know 1. Where would i purchase the two modules that i need for the wltoys v911 and v931? And can i take them out of their existing transmitters? If so what do they look like etc? Where do i connect them? Etc.
2. As regards to my align 450 with futaba 3gx mr flybarless system..what would i replace this with? in order for it to work on one transmitter? And lastly, the align 250 with the beastx flybarless system...do i just buy and plug a spektrum sattelite in it and it will it then bind to the devo radio?
Thank you

More
22 May 2015 16:35 #32871 by mwm
The official documentation on adding modules is bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleInstallation . The ModuleList link from it provides descriptions of the modules, where to buy them, and what the connections are. There are also links for each transmitter that show where to connect in the transmitter.

IIUC (I'm never used futaba gear), you'll have to replace the entire FBL system, as the 3GX MR has the Rx built in, and you can't just plug in a different Rx. Your best bet is probably whatever Spektrum gear is compatible with what's already in place.

Whas Rx are you using with the beastX now? If none, what Tx are you using? I suspect the answer is that it'll bind to a deviated Devo 10 without a module, but can't be sure without more information.

More
25 May 2015 00:43 #32945 by tetleys
Hi thank you very much for your reply and link.
the transmitter iam using is a specktrum dx6i for the align 250 ( beastx) and futaba t6 for my align 450. As ive understood it so far is the beastx ( spektrum ) should bind to the devo 10, after downloading software to be dsmx and spektum compatable? 2 modules need to be purchased and fitted into the devo 10, to operate the wltoys v911 and v931. And as regards to my align 450 ( futaba 3gx mr) i need to changw this flybarless unit with one that will be compatable with the devo 10 tranamitter?...do you know of such item?? Also do you know of any external module tjat would work with the wltous v911 and v931 connected to a spektrum dx6i? Many thanks

More
25 May 2015 14:45 #32959 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic help reqiured please
No, there's no way to simply add a module to the dx6i and have it work with the WL toys models, not only are the radio chip's different (and dont talk to each other) but the dx6i cant be programmed with the proper protocols either, that's just not possible. Also there's no way to add new Rx modules to the models either...

The good news is that both of their packaged RTF transmitters will have the modules needed for the devo! When you open them up there will be all the components and parts (buttons and sticks and the passive components) mounted to a single PCB then there will be a little add-on PCB (under 1 SqIn) soldered by 5 or 6 pins to that main PCB, that's the module you'll need to remove and install in the devo.

This is the devo forums, not a general RC forum, that's why you're not getting an answer about what flight controller you can use in your 450. Take a look on RCGroups for that info... I am a multirotor polit, not a heli pilot however if I were going to build a heli for a friend or someone else* I would most likely use a CC3D, they're cheap and common at all your favorite chineese electronics suppliers so pick your favorite and search for CC3D, with that FC you'll be able to use any radio you want as it accepts an external RX, not like the Spektrum Beast or whatever it is you have in there now.

*Note I have no interest in heli's however if I were going to build one for myself I'd use a simple arduino running multiwii but I dont think that's currently a good solution for a beginner which is why I stated "if I were to build a heli for someone else I'd use a CC3D".

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
26 May 2015 09:53 #32995 by tetleys
Hi thank you very much for your replies. as u have suggested iam going to look at other rc forums to see which flybarless unit will be compatable with a devo transmitter for the align 450. And shall research on this forum on how to fit the harvested modules into the devo for the wltoys v911 and v931. Wish me luck as i havent a clue where to start! Thank you very much for your time and patience :)

More
26 May 2015 14:36 #33000 by mwm
DO NOT search the forums for instructions on installing new modules. Even more so, don't search the web! The connections have changed with the deviation version, and instructions on the forums and web may be out of date.

The correct, current and updated instructions are at bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleInstallation . It's broken into multiple parts. Start with the overview I linked to. It links to a list of modules and how they connect - including notes on differences between 4.0.1 and the current nightly builds. Near the bottom is a list of links to the connections for different transmitters. There's also a link to a page on building the multimodule, which you won't need.

I've asked that we provide a link to this somewhere easy to find on the home page or the forums, but it hasn't happened yet.

More
27 May 2015 09:31 #33044 by tetleys
Ok great i shall follow the your link. Ps. If i purchased a devo 7 or devo 7e would this work ok with my spektrum beast x . And wltoys v911 v2 and v931? Thank you.

More
27 May 2015 13:12 #33047 by mwm
The devo 7 won't work. The devo7e will need the diode/range mod (Walkera limits the power output on it so it won't cannibalize the market for their other Tx's) before using it with the larger heli's, and you will probably want to make the 3x2 switch mod as well, as two two-position switches don't seem adequate for safely using advanced helis.

If you don't want to make those mods, the Devo 10 is the next least expensive choice. The new white one works fine, and is about US$120. More functionality and better hardware than the 7e, and the better hardware means more ROM & RAM in the CPU, which means you get all the deviation features and don't have to muck with the protocols directory when upgrading. See the " Which Devo TX should I buy? " article in the Articles section of the nav menu. If you like the smaller form factor, you might look at the 6s. I wrote up a comparison of it with the 7e that predates the 3x2 switch mod.

More
27 May 2015 23:14 #33084 by tetleys
Hi thank u very much i shall go with the devo 10.
thanks again

More
27 May 2015 23:35 #33085 by tetleys
Sorry to be a pain once again...ive read your article on which transmitter to choose and you mentioned turnigy transmitters...my question is..1. Iam aware that the basic turnigy transmitter ie 9 channel one is already capable of binding to a wltoys v911 v2 heli as standard as i have read this and seen it on youtube. I have one of these helis...so 2. Could i get just one module taken out of my wltoys v931 transmitter and fix it into that? 3. I have seen spektrum modules that fit into the back of a turnigy transmitter....so that i can then bind to my spektrum align 250?. The reason for asking is if i could a get cheaper transmitter that would already bind to one of my helis without doing anything this would be a bonus, plus the original turnigy x9 is very cheap and although the devo transmitters look great, i basically only really need a basic transmitter that could work with 3 helis with the minimum of fuss and expense. My last questios are....does this all sound possible? and if so will i find details of the removing and wiring in the wltoys v931module into a turnigy radio on this site or is this only for devo Transmitters? If so i would be greatful if u could point me in the right direction please.
thank you and sorry for all the questions

More
28 May 2015 00:34 #33086 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic help reqiured please
You could build something based on this work . The 9x sends a ppm signal to the radio module that plugs in its back, so additional circuitry is needed to control the radio module you pull from a stock tx.

More
28 May 2015 02:04 #33087 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic help reqiured please
This will not be a plug-and-play type of operation. I don't know your experience level, but you should read through the thread hexfet linked and decide if it is for you or not. The only other option I'm aware of would be a devo Tx (the 7e being the cheapest available that can run Deviation) and then the necessary modules.

More
28 May 2015 03:00 #33090 by mwm
Well, the DIY multiprotocol module that hexfet pointed out works in the 9X, and should provide much of the flexibility of the Deviation. However...

The 9X is $70 + $30 for a DSM module + $10 shipping + $20 (SWAG) for parts for the multiprotocol module. So you're right back at the same price point as the Devo 10. Unless you want to use the firmware that comes with it - and HK doesn't use that firmware on the newer versions of the Tx - you'll still have to hack the Tx hardware to replace it, or buy the new one and tweak the multiprotocol module for the V911. And you still don't have a Tx that has a backlight or telemetry support. Finally, in my opinion even the Devo 7E feels smoother and more accurate than the Turnigy 9X, and the 10 is a definite step up from that.

Frankly, the Tx isn't a good place to try and save money. It's the only part of the system you actually touch when you're flying the things. Sure, for a cheap toy like the V911, spending a lot of money on it doesn't make sense. But how much do you have in the two aligns? And how much would a cheap Tx part failing cost you to fix?

Do you fly the Align 250 indoors? If not, the cheapest sane route is probably to just use the RTF Tx with the V911, and then investigate replacing the Rx units in one of the Align's so you can fly it with the Tx you're now using to fly the other. At least, assuming those Tx's have mult-model memory. That way, you have one Tx for indoor use, and one for outdoor use, which is how I do things - even though both of mine are Devo's.

More
28 May 2015 13:18 #33112 by tetleys
Hi all and thank you very much all of you for your time and patience in replying to my questions. I have looked at the suggestion from you hexfet and thank you very much for your time and the info...but unfortunately iam a complete beginner to this and i dont really understand all the technical stuff. having weighed everything up i would like to progress as follows but would appreciate you oppinions if am doing things rite...1. Swap the align 3gx flyabarless unit and futaba tx on my 450 with the spektrum beastx and spektrum dx6i from my align 250 so i potentionally have my 450 working on dsmx which should connect to the devo 10? Is this ok? 2. Sell my align 250 with the fitted 3gx and futaba transmitter to fund this new prodject.
3. I would still need to remove the module from my wltoys v911 transmitter and remove module from my wltoys v931transmitter and fix into the devo 10?... i probley know what your all thinking....am back to square one From the start of this thread...i will start by sorting the aligns first...but i just wanted to know is...i have no idea what the module in both my wltoys look like and how to remove and refit them. Is there any pictures on this forum showing the internals of my transmitters? To make things even worse...the transmitter for the v911 is not the original...it is the transmitter from the bigger v913 which binds and works perfectly with my v911. i had previously owned a v913 with transmitter and when the transmitter from the v911 broke i just tried it by chance and it worked! So been using that ever since. Sorry again for the massive thread. But i want to be sure i can actually manage all this with all the correct info before i embark on this path.
thanks once again.

More
28 May 2015 13:37 #33116 by mwm
Yes the module should work. If you want, take pictures of the modules and post them here, and we should be able to verify that. Or if you're going to be funding things, buy the appropriate modules as listed in the docs. They aren't very expensive, and that means you won't risk destroying them during the extraction.

You should check the beastx docs to see if it will work in a 450 size heli. You needed to do that in any case to check the tuning.

More
28 May 2015 20:03 #33145 by tetleys
Hi thank you. Yes shall take your advice re the modules i shall buy new ones instead. I shall check beastx etc do the swap over and then purchase the devo 10 and new modules. Thanks for everything and will be back in touch once ive sorted everything. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds