Blade 400 w/ AR6100e

More
12 Jul 2015 16:22 #35370 by niteliter
Blade 400 w/ AR6100e was created by niteliter
I was under the idea that the Devo,out of the box,as is was compatible the DSM2 (AR6100e)RX's,but I have been trying alllllllllllll morning to bind them,so much so that I had to take a break and replace the battery terminal on the copter that I had broke,maybe outa anger,maybe from wear,i would try with the bind plug,a with out the plug as in Auto Bind,I also tried the ID thing,still no luck,I would rather NOT change the software just yet on the radio,I guess its stock,"Software Ver. 0.8A,/Library 0.2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2015 17:10 - 12 Jul 2015 17:10 #35375 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Blade 400 w/ AR6100e
the stock firmware is only for devo receivers.
if you want to use dsm2/dsmx, another walkera protocol or nine eagels J6Pro, then you have to change the firmware to deviation.
You can always go back to the stock walkera firmware. No problem with warranty.
If you want to use other protocols then yopu have to install modules, then you have to open your transmitter, when you do that, than no warranty anymore.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2015 17:10 by TomPeer.

More
12 Jul 2015 17:51 #35376 by niteliter
Replied by niteliter on topic Blade 400 w/ AR6100e
hmmmmm..... I hate modifying new stuff...........at least before the implied warranty is over...........

More
12 Jul 2015 19:15 #35379 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Blade 400 w/ AR6100e
you still have warranty, when you only flash the firmware.

More
13 Jul 2015 10:20 - 13 Jul 2015 10:35 #35404 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Blade 400 w/ AR6100e

niteliter wrote: I was under the idea that the Devo,out of the box,as is was compatible the DSM2 (AR6100e)RX's

The full truth is that the CYRF HF module "out of the box" will be able to handle Spektrum DSM2/DSMx protocols as well as.

As TomPeer told of course you need the DeviationTX firmware which implements these protocols.

Can you do 3-switch DualRate/Expo programming with the two D/R (AIL / ELEV) switches on the stock firmware? DeviationTX will allow you to do this. Hugh benefit!!
Or two switch safety.
Trimming per flight-mode (FMode0-2 switch).

You do not really want to miss all that great features of DeviationTX firmware.

DeviationTX note on 120 CCPM mixing for flybar helis: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ngs-for-flybar#35089

You can setup the flybar heli in the simple GUI mode but you might need to change to advanced mixer GUI mode (with all the pre-setup curves/mixers/switches and finished programming). At least that is what I needed. Simple has the wrong channel assignments (for me).

Be warned that the "advanced mixer GUI" is night and days to the simple GUI menus, your Walkera Devention TX menus or Spektrum DX8 airware menus.
So there would a learning curve involved, reading the manual, testing....

Are you a RC or heli beginner? Have you already gained knowledge from other transmitter vendors?

But at least you can start programming with the simple heli gui. You do not really need to start from zero.

Nightly-build DeviationTX (Devo 10) on Spektrum DSMx AR8000 (+SAT) with TM1000 Spektrum FlightLog support flying flybar heli (120 CCPM mixing): www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=340#33913

Thomas
Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 10:35 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds