Devo 7e and 3-way switches

More
23 Jul 2015 19:39 #35870 by DoubleQuad
Devo 7e and 3-way switches was created by DoubleQuad
Hi all

I have successfully done the 3x2 switch mod to my 7e.

I can see the switches working just fine in the channel monitor.

I Swapped out my FMODE switch with B0 in my mixer and saw that it was indeed sending that control to my FC in Baseflight. But it was only sending one position, not two.

So, I figured that I must need to do an advanced mix and starting mucking around with my mixer.

Now none of my switches other than HOLD0 will send to the receiver. They are still operating in the Channel monitor.

Question 1:
How do you set up the mixer for a 3-way switch?

Question 2:
What have a I done that has stopped the FMOD0 and B0 switches from sending? I have reverted that channel mixer back to simple and have tried both states of the FMOD switch and neither appear to be sending...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2015 12:36 - 24 Jul 2015 12:39 #35906 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 7e and 3-way switches
Question 1. would take a while... I know it's hard to hear "read the manual" but that's the real answer... And search for the mixer tutorial that was written by MWM a short time ago. Then download a few INI files and they WILL start to make sense. If you can't find a particular model make a request and someone probably has one.

Question 2. If you are seeing physical response on that switch, then the INI file is your problem. Post your INI as a txt file so we can see it.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 24 Jul 2015 12:39 by Deal57. Reason: Already checked channel monitor... Sorry, missed that...

More
24 Jul 2015 12:47 #35907 by DoubleQuad
Replied by DoubleQuad on topic Devo 7e and 3-way switches

Deal57 wrote: Question 1. would take a while... I know it's hard to hear "read the manual" but that's the real answer... And search for the mixer tutorial that was written by MWM a short time ago. Then download a few INI files and they WILL start to make sense. If you can't find a particular model make a request and someone probably has one.

Question 2. If you are seeing physical response on that switch, then the INI file is your problem. Post your INI as a txt file so we can see it.

Thanks Deal 57.

I've printed out the manual so I can have a proper read. I'll search out that tutorial too :-)

You are quite right about the. INI file. I checked out my model.INI and there seemed to be done spurious entries in it for the channel in question, so I matched the entire to another channel and hey presto it works again.

More
24 Jul 2015 18:24 #35924 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 7e and 3-way switches
The thread for my tutorial is here: deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3948-tutori...-a-model-config-file . That has a (probably old) PDF download, and a link to the current version on google docs.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
24 Jul 2015 19:54 #35928 by DoubleQuad

mwm wrote: The thread for my tutorial is here: deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3948-tutori...-a-model-config-file . That has a (probably old) PDF download, and a link to the current version on google docs.

Awesome thanks :)

Turns out I already started checking this out a couple of days ago. I downloaded the PDF version and saw it was for a slightly older version. I'll check out the Google Docs version instead...

More
25 Jul 2015 00:28 #35938 by mwm
You should be able to generate and download a PDF from the google docs version with a few clicks.

More
25 Jul 2015 00:58 #35940 by DoubleQuad

mwm wrote: You should be able to generate and download a PDF from the google docs version with a few clicks.

Really? Awesome!!

More
25 Jul 2015 13:33 #35958 by mwm
File menu -> Export as -> PDF.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds