Quads drift or yaw

More
31 Jul 2015 11:45 #36392 by Zaphod
Quads drift or yaw was created by Zaphod
I currently fly a JJRC 1000A, eachine H8, Nano QX, V252 with my Deviation Devo 10.

Is it possible that when I added the nrf24l and CC2500 modules that I've not soldered one of the connections correctly?

I ask as all my quads drift - either forward and to the right or backwards. They also yaw without rudder input -slowly either left or right. To correct the drift forwards even full trim doesn't fully stop it - slows it yes. The yaw drift can be trimmed with minor input but the forwards or right doesn't seem like it.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2015 13:48 #36393 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Quads drift or yaw
It's normal for 'copters of all kinds to drift a little with no stick input, unless you have GPS and a compass and have them extremely well tuned.

That said, you ought to be able to trim it out, unless the quad in question is having serious problems like a failing motor. Seems unlikely they would all do that at once, so your Tx is a good suspect.

I don't believe that failing to add a module properly would cause them all to drift, but I'm not a hardware guy, so could easily be wrong. On the other hand, you might need to calibrate your Tx again. So try that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
31 Jul 2015 14:49 #36395 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Quads drift or yaw
Thanks dude. I did a recalibration this morning. The only thing these 4 quads have in common is I edited their model files today - that's where I suspect I've stuffed up.

I currently fly 13 helicopters and 8 quads with my 10 and it's only these 4 with a problem - another hint it's user error. Will check them all over the weekend :)

Cheers :)

More
28 Aug 2015 05:02 #37253 by barees63
Replied by barees63 on topic Quads drift or yaw
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I currently have a CX-10, an H8 and an X900 and the CX-10 yaws slowly to the left with the Devo but not with the original controller, the H8 yaws slowly to right and the X900 doesn't move at all, I would have assumed it was a weak motor or dodgy prop causing the drift except that the CX10 doesn't yaw with the original controller (mind you the nano controller has other trim issues so maybe not proof of anything).. Flying outside I don't really notice it but it's obvious when hovering in-place inside, like you I've found rudder trim really has no effect either.

More
28 Aug 2015 05:11 #37254 by barees63
Replied by barees63 on topic Quads drift or yaw
nevermind, the H8 also yawed with its original controller and it stopped after I calibrated the Gyro ;)

More
30 Aug 2015 07:28 #37300 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Quads drift or yaw
Not really. It happens with almost all my quads and some helis. Still happens but if I use the stock tx its fine.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds