DEVOF12E NOT BOOTING

More
07 Sep 2015 08:35 #37532 by sa
Replied by sa on topic DEVOF12E NOT BOOTING
Vow . Thanks a lot for great detailed solution. Right now I am in office. I will try this tonight. Your explanation sounds like this is really going to work. And is there anything I can do about the tx.ini. How to update that in transmitter, adding string "batt_critical=8000". Do i need to format it by holding ENT button + power on button and paste the unzip files in it including the edited tx.ini? can I format it first and try to upgrade it or format after upgrading firmware?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2015 08:36 #37533 by sa
Ok, Thank you so much. I will do this before upgrading...

More
07 Sep 2015 08:37 #37534 by sa
Sure! Thank you so much. I will do this before upgrading.

More
08 Sep 2015 07:14 #37553 by sa
Firstly, Thanks a million bro. You saved me from big issue. I had few doubts left and I guess it will be very easy to you to clear it :) I did exactly what you said, about the STM DFU (WiUSB) tools. DFU USBDrv Installer-1.1 did not work for me but 1.0 worked. Anyways I successfully upgraded it with edited tx.ini file as per your instructions. I have made a video too and uploaded it. please watch it. I guess my battery is low, as it turned on i can see white screen fading away in few seconds so I have charged the batteries full in the night and switched on the transmitter again and i did not see that fading issue.

Now my doubt is when I purchased this product and switched on for first time i saw a screen like "devention" and loading bar. Now after upgrading i saw the folder name on screen which i upgraded. Is this ok dsplaying in that way? or may be i have to upgrade it to 1.5a or 1.6a using dfu tools 2.3.1. I just installed them in pc. Even that had detected the devo f12e now :). Anyways is that necessary for me to do or no need to do?(upgrading to 1.5a or 1.6a). If all these are not required Is there anything I have to change the settings in transmitter now as now i can see the options in monitor of transmitter. Am i good to bind with walkera drone now and fly it?

Also in the video i did not record the first screen, So i have attached the screenshot to you. See the screen attached right side and left side of image is loading bar screen(before upgrade). please suggest me if anything required. Bro once again I THANK YOU from bottom of my heart for your great help.

Attachments:

More
08 Sep 2015 07:15 #37554 by sa
Firstly, Thanks a million bro. You saved me from big issue. I had few doubts left and I guess it will be very easy to you to clear it :) I did exactly what you said, about the STM DFU (WiUSB) tools. DFU USBDrv Installer-1.1 did not work for me but 1.0 worked. Anyways I successfully upgraded it with edited tx.ini file as per your instructions. I have made a video too and uploaded it. please watch it. I guess my battery is low, as it turned on i can see white screen fading away in few seconds so I have charged the batteries full in the night and switched on the transmitter again and i did not see that fading issue.

Now my doubt is when I purchased this product and switched on for first time i saw a screen like "devention" and loading bar. Now after upgrading i saw the folder name on screen which i upgraded. Is this ok dsplaying in that way? or may be i have to upgrade it to 1.5a or 1.6a using dfu tools 2.3.1. I just installed them in pc. Even that had detected the devo f12e now :). Anyways is that necessary for me to do or no need to do?(upgrading to 1.5a or 1.6a). If all these are not required Is there anything I have to change the settings in transmitter now as now i can see the options in monitor of transmitter. Am i good to bind with walkera drone now and fly it?

Also in the video i did not record the first screen, So i have attached the screenshot to you. See the screen attached right side and left side of image is loading bar screen(before upgrade). please suggest me if anything required. Bro once again I THANK YOU from bottom of my heart for your great help.

Attachments:

More
08 Sep 2015 07:32 - 08 Sep 2015 07:34 #37555 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic DEVOF12E NOT BOOTING
Hi sa,

Congratulation, you did correct procedure to install deviation FW to your F12E! :cheer:

But the bad news is that you seems got the same problem as I reported to PB last month,
File system corruption issue :
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...ation-firmware#36102

I re-flashed FW again, and it's OK , I can't reproduce that and don't know what's happened! :(
Last edit: 08 Sep 2015 07:34 by dc59.

More
08 Sep 2015 08:01 #37556 by sa
Bro that sounds scary, Please help. what is re-flash? do u mean re installing FW. Do u want me to try upgrading 1.5a or 1.6a . Will there be any solution for this. Only you can help me now. I did not get anywhere in the internet getting solution for this issue. Only you are capable of this. Please bro help. any suggestions?

More
08 Sep 2015 08:11 #37557 by dc59

sa wrote: Bro that sounds scary, Please help. what is re-flash? do u mean re installing FW. Do u want me to try upgrading 1.5a or 1.6a . Will there be any solution for this. Only you can help me now. I did not get anywhere in the internet getting solution for this issue. Only you are capable of this. Please bro help. any suggestions?

Sorry for my suck English.
I mean re-install deviation F12E FW again,file system will be formated!
I flew DSMX Blade nano QX FPV , I don't / can't use Walkera FW ..... :oops:

More
08 Sep 2015 08:18 #37558 by sa
OK, I will reinstall it. If the file system is formatted will it work? I am confused. Are you saying that if i upgrade from www.iuasinc.com/university/ (1.5a, 1.6a ) it will not work with my drone(walkera qr x350)

More
08 Sep 2015 08:26 #37559 by dc59

sa wrote: OK, I will reinstall it. If the file system is formatted will it work? I am confused. Are you saying that if i upgrade from www.iuasinc.com/university/ (1.5a, 1.6a ) it will not work with my drone(walkera qr x350)

1.5a/1.6a are Walkera official FW . it should work with your QR-X350 no problem , but I don't have this quad..... :P

More
08 Sep 2015 08:26 #37560 by sa
As i formatted it. Will i face any problem if i upgrade it using these www.iuasinc.com/firmware/
Will it work?

More
08 Sep 2015 08:29 #37561 by sa
Hahahha!! Actually i tried those first. As they did not upgrade it properly may be because of win 10 os. Now I have to try again these as i formatted my pc to win 7. Lets see if things work this time.

More
08 Sep 2015 08:30 #37562 by sa
Do I need to format it again before if I try installing with 1.5a or 1.6a?

More
08 Sep 2015 08:30 #37563 by dc59

sa wrote: As i formatted it. Will i face any problem if i upgrade it using these www.iuasinc.com/firmware/
Will it work?

I think it should be OK if you use FW on " www.iuasinc.com/firmware/ " website, it's Walker official FW !!

More
08 Sep 2015 08:31 #37564 by dc59

sa wrote: Do I need to format it again before if I try installing with 1.5a or 1.6a?

No need to format it.

More
08 Sep 2015 08:34 #37565 by sa
Ok Bro!! I will try tonight. Thanks a lot for your time. :) :) :)

More
09 Sep 2015 06:14 - 09 Sep 2015 11:41 #37581 by sa
Bro, yes..yes..yes..yes..yes..yes..oohla!! I have done it. Really Thanks a million. You are great! I was unable to upload dfu file of 1.5a using downloaded tools of ( www.iuasinc.com/firmware/ ) 2.3.1 version installed. But i have updated with your deviation uploader 0.8.0.jar file. And it upgraded successfully and worked great!. Previously I couldn't turn off radio even I power off after trying to upgrade using usb cable. Until I remove batteries it did not turn off(It was in my first video attached in previously, U might have already seen that video). But now i don't have that problem too. I have also attached a new video here. There is no turn on/off issue. I am really surprised to see that this also fixed. Please check this video and let me know If i need to make any changes in transmitter. I think now i am good to fly my drone. Once again u r a life saver. Thanks a lot!

Last edit: 09 Sep 2015 11:41 by sa. Reason: Problem Solved

More
10 Sep 2015 03:51 #37619 by dc59

sa wrote: Bro, yes..yes..yes..yes..yes..yes..oohla!! I have done it. Really Thanks a million. You are great! I was unable to upload dfu file of 1.5a using downloaded tools of ( www.iuasinc.com/firmware/ ) 2.3.1 version installed. But i have updated with your deviation uploader 0.8.0.jar file. And it upgraded successfully and worked great!. Previously I couldn't turn off radio even I power off after trying to upgrade using usb cable. Until I remove batteries it did not turn off(It was in my first video attached in previously, U might have already seen that video). But now i don't have that problem too. I have also attached a new video here. There is no turn on/off issue. I am really surprised to see that this also fixed. Please check this video and let me know If i need to make any changes in transmitter. I think now i am good to fly my drone. Once again u r a life saver. Thanks a lot!

It looks OK, your F12E is back to Walkera FW,I think you can fly your drone now!

More
17 Dec 2015 05:00 #41000 by ramrom
Replied by ramrom on topic DEVOF12E NOT BOOTING
Same story. DFU USBDrv Installer-1.1 is not work for me but 1.0 is. windows 7.

More
30 Jan 2016 20:01 #42434 by Dave Tibbals
Replied by Dave Tibbals on topic DEVOF12E NOT BOOTING
Try ensuring that all of your batteries (assuming you are using the AA battery pack) are aligned properly. I took my battery pack out for a 15 minute reset (as recommended on another site) and found I had one of the batteries in backwards. Problem solved without all the reprograming. Works great now.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds