FrSky Telemetry Data Fields

More
15 Sep 2015 23:11 #37789 by DougLorenz
FrSky Telemetry Data Fields was created by DougLorenz
I've got a Devo 7e with extra switches, CC2500 module and A7105 module. Everything seems to be working.

I have bound the TX with a FrSky D4X-II, and it is working fine, but I am having a trouble figuring out telemetry. What data fields are being handled by the Deviation software? I can't seem to find a way to access "Cels", "Curr", or "Alt", three fields which come in fine on my Taranis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2015 00:10 #37792 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic FrSky Telemetry Data Fields
Those aren't supported in the current nightly builds. I've got code for them, and hope to have test builds for that up soon. However, the 7E won't support "Cells', because it overflows the program space on the ยต-controller. I don't have any FrSky kit to test with, so having someone who can check things would be a real boon.

More info on testing - both that and the DIY sensors I'm building - in a new thread when I upload the test builds.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
16 Sep 2015 01:48 #37794 by DougLorenz
Replied by DougLorenz on topic FrSky Telemetry Data Fields
Well, I'll check anything you need... I use TauLabs for my GCS/Firmware, and FrSky Sensor Hub telemetry, with TauLabs sending the data instead of individual sensors. TauLabs claims that:

The module will send this data:

• altitude (variable 'Alt')
  • temperatures (from baro and from accelerometer, variables 'T1' and 'T2')
  • x, y and z acceleration (variables 'AccX', 'AccY' and 'AccZ')
  • current, voltage and cell voltages (if battery module is enabled, variables 'Curr' and 'Cels')
  • gps data (if gps module has a fix, variable 'GPS Alt' latitude, longitude)
see code.google.com/p/opentx/wiki/OpenTx_FrSky_EN#Telemetry or frsky-rc.com/download/down.php?id=126 for protocol documentation

Since I also have a Taranis, which works perfectly with the telemetry data, I can compare results if that helps.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds