Beeps-on-switch idea

More
22 Sep 2015 03:47 #37948 by RoGuE_StreaK
Beeps-on-switch idea was created by RoGuE_StreaK
I did try to search first, so forgive me if this has been gone over before
But just thinking that a simple tonal series could be added to switch actions to give readily-identifiable states without glancing down;
0: high-low
1: low-high
2: low-high-high
You should already know by feel/familiarity which switch you are switching, this would just give a quick audible feedback as to it's state. Should be able to hook into the same system as the onscreen toggle icons? And should be able to enable/disable as per taste.
Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2015 20:22 #37971 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Beeps-on-switch idea
There's a feature request in the bug tracker for adding "beep on center" to the aux channel knobs on the 10 & 12. While that's more a Tx-level thing whereas this is model-specific, it might be worth mentioning it there.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
23 Sep 2015 01:36 #37979 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Beeps-on-switch idea
I've added onto the "sound to switch positions" issue ( deviationtx.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=489 )

Additional info added;
To my mind this would be a global thing for all "switches", including software switches (virtual channel). If switch sounds are enabled, any switching should play the tonal series associated with that state, as per above. Shouldn't need to specify certain switches, or sounds associated with certain switches, just a global "enable/disable", and perhaps config in sound.ini for the three (?) different states available (not aware of any 4-way or more switches being used?)

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds