How to install new protocols?

More
27 Sep 2015 15:07 #38113 by Sicon
How to install new protocols? was created by Sicon
Hello! Sorry for the stupid question, but I am trying to figure out how to install new protocols into my devo 7e. Actually I have a nightly 4.0.1 ef0d76d and I need to install the bayang protocol (for example), I downloaded the file with the protocol and unzipped, after that i flashed the .dfu and copy the protocol directory that I found in the zip file in my devo7e, is it the correct procedure?
Another one: everytime I install a new protocol file flashing the firmware I overwrite all the memory (so deleting the protocols not in the new file) or it simply overwrite the one already into the devo?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2015 23:34 #38128 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic How to install new protocols?
You've pretty much got it. The protocol files are linked to the DFU file, so you've got to be sure those match. So if you want to use the new protocol files on the Devo 7e, you've got to use the linked DFU. The rest of the files are less dependent, although you want to install the most recent nightly full release before installing the developer (protocol) releases. It will become a habit as you use them, but it can be a struggle to get it all straight the first few times.

The DFU file uses different memory than the file system sectors. When you flash, you overwrite the DFU space, and the file system should remain intact. Then when you copy the protocol files it just overwrite those files. IIRC, on the 7e, an individual protocol is pulled into system memory when you load your model due to the limited system memory space. So power down after you copy the files.

One step at a time.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds