Thanks to all the developers!

More
09 Oct 2015 08:54 - 09 Oct 2015 08:55 #38627 by Ian444
Thanks to all the developers! was created by Ian444
What a wonderful project. :woohoo: I'm a late starter but finally got a 7e and added a nRF24L01 module to fly a few micro/nano quads and the odd micro plane. I came from a T9X with er9X (still have it), but am really enjoying the 7e's form factor and obviously the huge range of protocols available with the Deviation firmware.

I've worked out (with a lot of reading and searching) how to do basic model setups and even a virtual pot for tuning PID on the fly, but I cannot work out a quick way to select a different model. Its taking me 9 button presses to go from the main screen, select a new model, load it, and get back to the main (flying) screen. I can live with this no problem, but I'm sure I'm missing something?
Last edit: 09 Oct 2015 08:55 by Ian444.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2015 11:41 #38641 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Thanks to all the developers!
Hi,

hope anyone (dev) is reading this.

Why don't you open a separate thread just for this "load model" issue so any other pilots searching can find it later (and hopefully the solution).

Really a bad topic name for the archives / search result list!!

Sorry, there is no solution known to me neither without jumping into the sub-menus (and out).

Thomas

More
09 Oct 2015 13:49 #38653 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Thanks to all the developers!
Snarky answer: Upgrade you 7e to a 6s, and then tapping the model name will take you straight to the load page :evil:

Serious answer: Set a quickpage to the Model setup page. Long pressing the page up/down buttons cycle through the quick pages in forward/reverse order. That at least lets you get to the Model setup page a bit quicker. Unfortunately, this needs to be set on every model. Since the stock 7E doesn't have a layout editor (another advantage of going to the 6S), you'll have to edit the model by hand.

So boot your 7E in USB mode and connect it to your computer. Go to the models folder on the resulting disk, and then in every model you want find the lines that say "quickpage1=Telemetry model" and change it to "quickpage1=Model setup". There should be some that say "=None" that you can also change to Model setup if you want to keep telemetry.

You could create a template in the templates directory to create a template to easily add them to an existing mode, or edit layout/default.ini to change the default quickpages for new models. That would look like this:
template=Quick pages
[gui-common]
quickpage1=Channel monitor
quickpage2=Telemetry monitor
quickpage3=Model setup

You might think about adding an enhancement request to the bug tracker (menu to your left), though if you do that you should describe the use case for needing to change models quickly, because it's not something I've ever wanted to do.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Oct 2015 14:19 - 09 Oct 2015 14:21 #38658 by Ian444
Replied by Ian444 on topic Thanks to all the developers!
The quickpage idea sounds just the ticket! Thanks for the quick replies. I will set that up in the morning, its waaay past my bedtime :)
Really stoked with the Deviation firmware, this was not meant as a criticism, I won't be putting in an enhancement request. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing it the long way to select a model, like I stumbled across "the down button resets the timer" today, which added to my glee :)
Last edit: 09 Oct 2015 14:21 by Ian444.

More
09 Oct 2015 23:01 #38668 by Ian444
Replied by Ian444 on topic Thanks to all the developers!

mwm wrote: Serious answer: Set a quickpage to the Model setup page. Long pressing the page up/down buttons cycle through the quick pages in forward/reverse order.

Yep that works perfectly, thanks again!

I always liked er9x but I think I'm going to like Deviation even more.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds