High / Low Rate switch

• paiste2002
  • paiste2002's Avatar Topic Author
  • DEVO 12S
More
16 Oct 2015 06:17 #38898 by paiste2002
High / Low Rate switch was created by paiste2002
Hi Guys ,,, Dont mean to be dumb but I cannot find High Rate / Low Rate switch on the DEVO 12s ???
I've tried to copy a Model and turn everything up ,,, and that seems to work with all my models >... But there must be a switch that you can assign to do the same thing ????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2015 09:05 - 16 Oct 2015 09:08 #38910 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic High / Low Rate switch
Any of the switches can be assigned to do that. In fact with a little cleverness you can even use the trim buttons as toggles.
Are you using the Simple or Advanced GUI? I've never used the Simple one so don't know how to set up through there, but basically you want to assign the switch's "0" state (eg. GEAR0) to the low setings, and it's "1" state (eg. GEAR1) to the high settings.

Once you get the hang of it, you could have multitudes of levels of rate if you so desire, not just "high" and "low"

[EDIT] Looks like the 12S has 3-way switches for the three D/Rs; AILE, RUDD, and ELEV. Which means they can be triple-rate rather than dual-rate, you'll see the switches each have a setting of "0" (up), "1"(middle), and "2"(down)
Last edit: 16 Oct 2015 09:08 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
17 Oct 2015 14:01 #38966 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic High / Low Rate switch
So you could have even a 5-way D/R switch concept with 2 x 3-way D/R switches :-)

I am using AIL D/R + ELEV D/R switches in complex mixers.

Within the mixer you can have the AND logical switch selection for 2 switches.
That makes up to
- 3 D/R on Devo 10 with 2-way AIL/ELEV switches
- 5 D/R on Devos with 3-way AIL/ELEV switches

You can put all RUDD/ELEV/AIL D/R adjustments on one switch position for steerings.
You do not really have to use 3 switches for the 3 steering types.

Thomas

• paiste2002
  • DEVO 12S
More
17 Oct 2015 22:10 #38990 by paiste2002
Replied by paiste2002 on topic High / Low Rate switch
B) Hey Thanks guys ,,, I have also worked out that . if you just make a dummy Model and turn up all your Servos to 120-130%
it will work on all your other Plane models .... as a HI RATE .... MMmmmm sounds dodgy but it works ....
I will try all your suggestions and see how it goes .... Thanks

• paiste2002
  • DEVO 12S
More
18 Oct 2015 00:13 - 18 Oct 2015 00:40 #38997 by paiste2002
Replied by paiste2002 on topic High / Low Rate switch
Hi Pal ,, I am using a simple set up ... but you dont say how you use or set up the simple one ??
you say ... "basically you want to assign the switch's "0" state (eg. GEAR0) to the low setings, and it's "1" state (eg. GEAR1) to the high settings.".
But How ?? what menu and so on .....
I only use the radio for 4 & 5 channel plans so far ,,,,, and I want one switch that changes all the rates of the Servos ??
Cheers
Last edit: 18 Oct 2015 00:40 by paiste2002.

More
18 Oct 2015 00:58 #39002 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic High / Low Rate switch
Hi paiste
As I said I've never ever used the Standard interface. I've just now tried loading up an old emulator and changing to Standard to see what it looked like, but seemed that I could only do that for helicopters rather than planes, so the icons available are probably different.
But, from what I could see, I should say it's this;
- press the icon with picture of switches; this seems to be an "assign this switch to this name" setting?
- then press the "DR" icon, and you should get a listing of the various things D/R can be normally applied to; elevator, rudder, aileron, ...? I'm guessing then just choose the switch name you assigned above, to all three.

I'd seriously suggest diving in and using the Advanced gui from the start (applied under the Model menu), it's a tiny bit daunting at first but it's a hell of a lot more powerful, and fairly intuitive when you get used to it; I looked at the Standard interface and was just like WTF?

More
18 Oct 2015 09:24 #39007 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic High / Low Rate switch

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: As I said I've never ever used the Standard interface. I've just now tried loading up an old emulator and changing to Standard to see what it looked like, but seemed that I could only do that for helicopters rather than planes, so the icons available are probably different?

Different aircraft types have different collections of settings, so a "Standard" UI for fixed wing is different from one for helicopters, which is different from multirotors, etc. deviation only has a standard UI for helicopters, so you can't choose a standard UI for anything else

But, from what I could see, I should say it's this;
- press the icon with picture of switches; this seems to be an "assign this switch to this name" setting?

It's actually "assign switches to functions" settings. For each channel orientation control channel - ail, ele, rud - you can pick the switch that will select what rate to use. For example, on the 12, you can actually have the AIL DR switch for aileron rates, the ELE DR switch for elevator rates, etc. Or if you want one switch for all of them, just set all three to that switch.

then press the "DR" icon, and you should get a listing of the various things D/R can be normally applied to; elevator, rudder, aileron, ...? I'm guessing then just choose the switch name you assigned above, to all three.

This setting doesn't set the switches, it sets the exponential and rates for each of the three channels. So you select Ail in the top selector, and then the three positions of the switch are 0 (Normal), 1 and 2. The first setting is the rate for that channel and switch position, and the second is the exponential for it.

I'd seriously suggest diving in and using the Advanced gui from the start (applied under the Model menu), it's a tiny bit daunting at first but it's a hell of a lot more powerful, and fairly intuitive when you get used to it; I looked at the Standard interface and was just like WTF?

Most definitely. This is the reason I run deviation - so the limits on what I can do are my imagination, not the interface!

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds