Gartt 450 reviews?

More
10 Nov 2015 15:03 #39828 by stuntsturkal
Gartt 450 reviews? was created by stuntsturkal
I've been looking at the Gartt 450l kits w/servos, motor, esc etc. Any one have one and care to give a review. Also an alternative build using better(?) components.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2015 16:55 #39839 by RobC62
Replied by RobC62 on topic Gartt 450 reviews?
I have a couple of the 450L kit version. Generally a very well machined article. Not used the servos or ESC's, but the motor is an excellent one. Very powerful indeed on 6S. I have KST servos in one and Savox in the other and Hyperion ESC's in both. Flies very well, and for the money 9and the price of spares!) they are sound value for money.

More
10 Nov 2015 18:49 #39846 by stuntsturkal
Replied by stuntsturkal on topic Gartt 450 reviews?
Thanks Rob,
Very cool, now to search for a black Friday sale AND in stock. Can I ask what $ you put into yours initially.
I'm seeing the complete kits for @498$ I am guessing they are far better than the Walkera 450, but I'm really green. I'm practically going blind putting a slip clutch on my v120D02s so the large size is very appealing.

More
10 Nov 2015 22:11 - 10 Nov 2015 22:13 #39872 by RobC62
Replied by RobC62 on topic Gartt 450 reviews?
From memory all up cost including mini k-bar, Savox servos, ESC and motor (less radio TX/RX) was well under $330. The kits I bought were complete with carbon fibre blades (excellent blades - only required approx 25mm of sellotape to perfectly balance) and canopy. The canopies are particularly nice - better quality than the Align one I have!

Edit: Just had a look the the website - the Combo one they have there is pretty much as I have. And for the listed price I will be buying another one tomorrow! The servos are superb, the ESC is a YGE - again superb with the best heli slow startup I have ever seen - and it also has a mini k-bar.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2015 22:13 by RobC62.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds