What receiver should I use

More
04 Feb 2016 21:59 #42590 by aperseghin
What receiver should I use was created by aperseghin
Ok I have had my fun with my MasterCP and now im building a 450L clone.

I have everything but the receiver. Whats a good receiver that will be supported by my radio

DEVO 10
Deviation 4.0.1
No added modules

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2016 22:13 - 04 Feb 2016 22:13 #42592 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic What receiver should I use
With a copter of that size, myself, I would be hesitant of flying it with a Chinese built Tx. Even though I will most likely never fly a copter that big, but if I ever did, I would step up to a Futaba radio system.

Just my opinion.

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)
Last edit: 04 Feb 2016 22:13 by RedSleds.

More
04 Feb 2016 23:04 #42598 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic What receiver should I use
You know a typical 450 heli isn't actually a 450mm rotor right? The number denotes the motor (not true with larger builds but with your typical 450 class heli you're actually only gonna have about a 320-340mm rotor, they're not that large really...) will they hurt you, sure anything in this hobby will. Will a 450 class kill you? Unlikely.

Aperseghin: I use and recommend the OrangeRx Rx20X series of receivers (the x after the R in the model number is the number of channels, e.g. R620x) but any DSMX / DSM2 would be great, especially original spektrum, OrangeRx or LemonRx.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
05 Feb 2016 00:00 #42603 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic What receiver should I use
Are you sure Futaba isn't built in china? Most electronics sold in the US is these days.

That said, there are advantages to buying from US companies. In particular, they tend to have better support, and will actually help you get things set up right and provide replacements if their stuff breaks. In some cases, they'll even provide replacements for things that were broken if the their stuff fails. I believe that means they also have better quality control.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Feb 2016 00:32 - 05 Feb 2016 00:58 #42605 by aperseghin
Replied by aperseghin on topic What receiver should I use

Cereal_Killer wrote: You know a typical 450 heli isn't actually a 450mm rotor right? The number denotes the motor (not true with larger builds but with your typical 450 class heli you're actually only gonna have about a 320-340mm rotor, they're not that large really...) will they hurt you, sure anything in this hobby will. Will a 450 class kill you? Unlikely.

Aperseghin: I use and recommend the OrangeRx Rx20X series of receivers (the x after the R in the model number is the number of channels, e.g. R620x) but any DSMX / DSM2 would be great, especially original spektrum, OrangeRx or LemonRx.

Mine is a 450L so it has 360mm blades :)

also i decided to go with this one
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9061...Ant_F_Safe_SBUS.html
Last edit: 05 Feb 2016 00:58 by aperseghin.

More
05 Feb 2016 06:09 #42611 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic What receiver should I use
I use on my Forza 450 the Lemon 8ch PPM with satellite and have had no issues thus far but i also use APM as flight controller so if there is a issue hopefully failsafe will kick in and trigger RTL and the heli will return and land safely..

More
07 Feb 2016 04:11 #42704 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic What receiver should I use
Hi,

You need to be careful about the carbon frame and mounting satellites or rx with short antennas which do not go above side edges.

My working 450 heli Spektrum DSMx setup on nightly build including Spektrum FlightLog telemetry:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...none&start=340#33913

So that is AR8000 + sat.
Alternative would be AR6210 + SAT but that has short antennas.

You can also check newer Spektrum SRXL and PPM AR7700 RX: deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questio...5-ppm-cppm-receiver/

I think there was another heli FBL digital bus thread...

Do not use deviationtx 4.0.1 for Spektrum DSMx as the nightlies incorporate important DSM telemetry bugfixes, enhancements, even a CYRF chip reset autodetect.

Have not tested yet the latest versions.

Personal advice:
You really should test each DeviationTX version you DL on a crash proof 3-5mm quad or EPP plane/plane several days before you even think to fly this version on a 450er heli!
30-60g to 150g CP Helis might be an alternative.
But RX for those small are different.

Thomas

More
07 Feb 2016 04:24 #42705 by Thomas.Heiss
APM and RTH for failsafe on a heli? That is funny :)

Could you already test a signal loss?

How have you tested it?
Turning off TX (of course I do not recommend those tests with a heli in the air with running blades)???

Probably I would go the safer way and turn off motor on failsafe.

RTH or stability mode (rescue) might be nice if you loose orientation.
If you have no bail out (pitching heli off ground zone) throttle hold me be safer.
You do not know if the RTH/stabilize works or may hurt a person if you loose orientaion or in flyaway.

More
09 Feb 2016 16:52 #42849 by julianholzner
Replied by julianholzner on topic What receiver should I use
I can tell you guys that I fly all my planes with original walkera rx receivers.

Starting from the small models where I have rx601 going up to a 2.15m Pilatus PC6 with a rx1202, I never had any problems with this setups.

I have a nightly on my devo 12s, the only problem what I have sometimes is that the screen crashes (does not have any influence to the sticts and functions)

More
09 Feb 2016 18:01 #42855 by Thomas.Heiss
Well, you know...Walkera DEVO is a 3 channel DSSS protocol. I have not used it so far.

Personally I "feel better" when using Spektrum DSMx (true FHSS). It has FlightLog feature (Fades, FrameLosses, Hold) which is as interesting as Frsky RSSI signal quality is.
Nor do I use Spektrum DSM2 (2 channel DSSS).

More
09 Feb 2016 19:15 #42863 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic What receiver should I use
I am using rx601's and Rx1002's for planes. With big ones (1,5m+) the long antennae really give a nice selectivity.
I have 5pcs 450 helis, the flybarless ones have a K-bar or a 3GX, with dual satellites, DSM2 or DSMX. The flybarred ones have a rx1002 and a Spektrum 6115e. Never had any tx losses.

More
17 Feb 2016 14:27 - 19 Feb 2016 09:37 #43202 by Rollmops67
Replied by Rollmops67 on topic What receiver should I use
I'm like billmester and julianholzner
I'm using a deviated Devo 10 with 4.0.1 for helis (from 200 to 550 size), and also for planes.
On the helis I have Devo Rx1002's too, and on the planes RX601's.

When I had Deviation 3, I had once a heli crashing because of a TX reboot while flying, but since I installed 4.0.1 I had more than 1000 flights with helis and planes, without problems. (just 2 or 3 very short glitches on a heli, but I'm not even sure they come from the Hardware or from Deviation)
So I'm very confident in the hardware and the software.

Roland
Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 09:37 by Rollmops67.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds