Deviation FW Facebook group????

More
09 Feb 2016 18:25 #42858 by kchupe
Deviation FW Facebook group???? was created by kchupe
Is there a Facebook group for the Deviation firmware I can join or is anyone that is an expert with Deviation willing to create a group on Facebook??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2016 18:55 #42859 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
Why not use this forum and keep discussions centralized so anybody can learn from it.

More
09 Feb 2016 18:57 #42861 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????

kchupe wrote: Is there a Facebook group for the Deviation firmware I can join or is anyone that is an expert with Deviation willing to create a group on Facebook??

Not that I'm aware of, but I don't even have a Facebook account... ;)

More
09 Feb 2016 19:17 #42864 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
@FDR
..+1

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
09 Feb 2016 19:33 #42866 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
+2.

More
09 Feb 2016 19:58 #42869 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
It's to late to keep things in one place, as there are at least three threads on rcgroups people use for deviation questions.

And the important question isn't whether someone who's an expert will create a group, it's whether such a person will answer questions on it. I'd create one, but I don't read Facebook, I just use it for messages with family members who won't use email.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Feb 2016 20:49 #42871 by kchupe
Replied by kchupe on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
I went ahead and created one. If anyone is interested:
m.facebook.com/groups/437329799794273
Attachments:

More
09 Feb 2016 20:58 #42872 by FDR
I still don't get the point what is it for?

More
09 Feb 2016 22:12 #42883 by kchupe
If you don't get then it's not for you.

My points that I feel are good ones:
1. Facebook is now being used by multi rotor users as well as beta flight and Naze/cc3d users
2. It's a good way to promote Deviation to Devo users that don't generally surf the web for forums concerning their transmitters
3. As a Facebook group it will be automatically added to the suggested groups list for a wide array of uav users and create wonderful opportunities for users that are set on high end transmitters like futaba and taranis.
4. A page can be created to help showcase the Deviation website

Again, if you don't see the need for it then no harm no foul and we will leave it at just that. I thought it was a good idea and wanted to share it so if it's not a good idea then that's cool.

More
10 Feb 2016 04:58 #42908 by billmester
My concern is that so far I could find any info I was looking for here on the forum, now I will have to look two places...
But it is only me...

More
10 Feb 2016 05:33 #42912 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????

billmester wrote: My concern is that so far I could find any info I was looking for here on the forum, now I will have to look two places...
But it is only me...

Why so? Since you don't feel the need to search the Devo Tx hacking thread or the daroons devo7e thread or the deviation hacking services threads on rcgroups, why do you think you'll need to search the deviation page on facebook?

If someone who at least reads these forums regularly is willing to post news of interest to it (for instance, I'm about to bump the request for gsoc sponsors, I think that would be appropriate), it makes sense as a place to promote deviation. If it's just going to become an abandoned page cluttering search listings, then it's not such a good idea. Either way, I'll probably like it if I ever see it on one of those rare occasions I'm on facebook.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
10 Feb 2016 05:36 #42913 by FDR
I'm aware of the so called advantages of Facebook, I'm just not the generation who is lurking on it all day long.

The question is, what type of content would you like to provide there?
Will you maintain that to have the same news we have here?
Or is that only an other place to have discussions about deviation?
What I'm afraid of is that it might divide the community...

More
10 Feb 2016 06:33 #42919 by kchupe
Ok, now the truth comes out...dividing the community...I tell ya what, I can delete it and you won't have to worry about if that's what you're worried will happen. It won't do any good if no one is willing to contribute on it and I certainly am not aquatinted enough to help others out. I have posted on this forum before concerning my difficulty navigating and setting Deviation up to work for my quad and was basically told that it's not for beginners. I actually like to help others when I'm capable but being told not to bother if I'm a beginner is probably not a good way to sell someone on the firmware hack. There are tons of groups on Facebook that are strictly quad/heli/plane flyers and I mean hundreds of hundreds and that's what the groups are created for on the Facebook site. I deleted my account a couple of years or so back because of the drama but I guess some people found a productive use for for sharing and helping others with issues out. This forum is great so don't get me wrong. Just thought the Facebook thing could be geared more towards "beginners" is all.

More
10 Feb 2016 09:25 #42922 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
One important question is, what can be done on Facebook, that can't be done here?
People like me, who'd rather go offline than join Facebook, might see more and more links to FB which are useless to us...

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
10 Feb 2016 10:34 - 10 Feb 2016 10:36 #42928 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
Why not to report about our habits to CIA and K.G.B. directly, without Facebook.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2016 10:36 by vlad_vy.

More
10 Feb 2016 11:10 #42930 by FDR

kchupe wrote: Ok, now the truth comes out...dividing the community...I tell ya what, I can delete it and you won't have to worry about if that's what you're worried will happen. It won't do any good if no one is willing to contribute on it and I certainly am not aquatinted enough to help others out. I have posted on this forum before concerning my difficulty navigating and setting Deviation up to work for my quad and was basically told that it's not for beginners. I actually like to help others when I'm capable but being told not to bother if I'm a beginner is probably not a good way to sell someone on the firmware hack. There are tons of groups on Facebook that are strictly quad/heli/plane flyers and I mean hundreds of hundreds and that's what the groups are created for on the Facebook site. I deleted my account a couple of years or so back because of the drama but I guess some people found a productive use for for sharing and helping others with issues out. This forum is great so don't get me wrong. Just thought the Facebook thing could be geared more towards "beginners" is all.

Was that "truth" really so suprising?
Others make Facebook groups, because they don't have an own site and forum, and Facebook is the easiest way do make one.
But don't get me wrong, I'm really interested in what do you want to achieve with this Facebook group...

vlad_vy wrote: Why not to report about our habits to CIA and K.G.B. directly, without Facebook.

:lol:
Don't be afraid, they are aware of our habits even without the help of Facebook...

More
10 Feb 2016 20:38 #42960 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
Let's not overlook...

Twitter
LinkedIn
MySpace

:lol: Just having a little fun at your expense, kchupe! :lol:

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
10 Feb 2016 21:16 #42964 by billmester
I am nobody here - take my word like so.
I like consistency and dislike parallel stuff.
Where would you post new info? Here? There? Both? Where should one place questions? Both?
Why not just place a link there?
I thought it was good to have all Deviation info collected here, at one place.
Then again, it is just me.

More
10 Feb 2016 21:33 #42965 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Deviation FW Facebook group????
I've been out of the website game for a while, is there a way to integrate "News" to the site that will automatically parallel to the facebook page?

I personally don't think facebook is a good place for people to ask questions, we should try to keep the info centralised, but it could still be used for promotion and news updates. Hell, spam it with every commit that occurs so people see how much work mwm etc are doing behind the scenes ;)

Also remember that a lot of businesses, education facilities etc are blocking social media sources

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds