Nighty builds release notes and documentation

More
17 Feb 2016 14:47 - 17 Feb 2016 14:47 #43203 by Rollmops67
Hello !
I've looked a little in this forum but I don't find an answer to my question :
I have Deviation 4.0.1 on my Devo 10 TX, but since it came out there are lots of nighties.
I would like to know what improvments (or bug fixes) the nighties bring, but I cannot find this information.
And a second question : do the Deviation 4.0.1 user manual take the nighties in account, or in other words : if I download the 4.0.1 user manual, will I find informations about the new features included in the nighties ?

Thanks for any answer.

Roland
Last edit: 17 Feb 2016 14:47 by Rollmops67.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2016 21:33 #43211 by Arakon
The manual is for 4.0.1 only, not the nightlies. And the nightlies don't have a changelog because they're basically a beta version with changes from various different people and sources. If you want to know what has changed/what is part of it, look at the repository under "Commits". The commits are the things actually compiled into the nightlies.

More
17 Feb 2016 21:58 - 17 Feb 2016 22:17 #43212 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Nighty builds release notes and documentation
Actually, as I understand it, the online "live" versions of the manual are being continuously updated. It's the PDF version that is, for the lack of a better term ....."stagnant", for the Deviation v4.0.1 released firmware.

So, in the left column of the main menu, if you click on "User Manual", you can download the PDF version for v4.0.1

If you click on "User Manual for DEVO 6/8/12", or "User Manual for DEVO 7E/10", you are directed to the "live manual" versions that are being updated to include things that are not covered in the PDF version.

At least that's how I think that it is. If I am wrong about this, please advise, and I will correct this post.

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)
Last edit: 17 Feb 2016 22:17 by RedSleds.

More
17 Feb 2016 22:02 #43213 by hexfet
The manual links in the left-hand column do contain updates for the nightly builds. It should be fairly up-to-date.

The commit list shows every change. The list of merged pull requests gives a bit higher level view. The descriptions are more at the feature level.

More
18 Feb 2016 01:51 #43220 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Nighty builds release notes and documentation
Any way of putting links to the commits/pull requests on the Nightly download page? It's only ever really linked or mentioned when this question is asked

More
18 Feb 2016 12:19 #43238 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Nighty builds release notes and documentation
Not sure where (in what (sticky???) thread) the (new team) source Bitbucket repository was referenced...

It may be a good idea to link it above/below downloads section as "Source code repository".

More
18 Feb 2016 18:41 #43246 by Arakon
The Repository is linked under "Links" on the left side.
www.deviationtx.com/links?task=weblink.go&id=25

More
19 Feb 2016 09:04 - 19 Feb 2016 09:12 #43294 by Rollmops67
Replied by Rollmops67 on topic Nighty builds release notes and documentation
Thank you all for the valuable informations, I see a little clearer now.
But I think the way to download the actual version of the manuals (Click on "Links", then click on "Repository for Manuals and their translations", then "Download") is a little awkward, more for people like me who are not native english speakers.
It should be as simple as to download the original (and now a little outdated) manual for the 4.0.1 version.

That said, I now there are lots o
Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 09:12 by Rollmops67.

More
19 Feb 2016 09:48 #43298 by mwm

Rollmops67 wrote: Thank you all for the valuable informations, I see a little clearer now.
But I think the way to download the actual version of the manuals (Click on "Links", then click on "Repository for Manuals and their translations", then "Download") is a little awkward, more for people like me who are not native english speakers.
It should be as simple as to download the original (and now a little outdated) manual for the 4.0.1 version.

I'm a bit confused. The list of links you gave gets you to the 4.0 manual, which is what you want to use for the 4.0.1 release. The two links on the left "User Manual for DEVO 6/8/12" and "User Manual for Devo 7E/10" are for the nightly builds. If you think the 4.0.1 link should also be in the menu, I'd disagree, because I think you're better off running the nightly build than 4.0.1, and people asking about missing features are one way to get them up to date. If that's not what you mean, then I'm not sure what you're asking for.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Feb 2016 13:02 - 19 Feb 2016 13:11 #43307 by Rollmops67

mwm wrote: I'm a bit confused. The list of links you gave gets you to the 4.0 manual, which is what you want to use for the 4.0.1 release. The two links on the left "User Manual for DEVO 6/8/12" and "User Manual for Devo 7E/10" are for the nightly builds. If you think the 4.0.1 link should also be in the menu, I'd disagree, because I think you're better off running the nightly build than 4.0.1, and people asking about missing features are one way to get them up to date. If that's not what you mean, then I'm not sure what you're asking for.

mwm, I think there is a missunderstanding between us.
What I wanted to say is :
In the left side of the screen you have :
- User Manual
- User Manual for DEVO 6/8/12
- User Manual for DEVO 7E/10

When choosing "User Manual", you can download the pdf of the first release of Deviation 4.01, this is very straightforward.
I learned in this tread in the post of RedSleds that "User Manual for DEVO 6/8/12" and "User Manual for DEVO 7E/10" links to up to date online manuals.
There is nothing here to guess this at he first glance...
Next problem for me : these online manuals don't seem to be downloadable in pdf format. (or did I miss something ?)
It's only the post of Arakon that pointed me to the "Links" > "Repository for Manuals and their translations" > "Download" way to download a more actual pdf file.
In my sense, when you click on "User manual" in the left side of the screen, there should be direct links allowing to download the actuel manuals., this would make things more simple for simple minds like me !! ;)

Ultimately, what I wanted to say is that it is very easy to download the 4.0.1 user manual of the first release, but it is more awkward to find the actual downloadable manual in the existing structure of the menu at the left screen side.

Best regards,
Roland
Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 13:11 by Rollmops67.

More
19 Feb 2016 15:44 #43313 by FDR
Is it better now? ;)

More
19 Feb 2016 16:15 - 19 Feb 2016 16:16 #43318 by Rollmops67

FDR wrote: Is it better now? ;)

Definitively YES !!!

Thank you a lot ! (for me and other simple minded like me :silly: )

Roland
Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 16:16 by Rollmops67.

More
19 Feb 2016 21:23 #43333 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Nighty builds release notes and documentation
Nice work FDR.

Although, when downloading an updated manual as a PDF to their local hard drive, it will become a static document as well.

So the user will need to remember to occasionally download it again and over-write the file on their computer to make sure that it is an up-to-date version of the manual. I suppose that the best time to do this would be when flashing a new Nightly Build to the Tx.

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds