External Module questions

More
19 May 2016 22:02 #48743 by misherman
Replied by misherman on topic External Module questions
Looks like I will have to wait for BG to send a USBasp to get the ATtiny loaded. I would like to speed up/simplify this so I have a couple of thoughts:

SKRetchmer demonstrated that the MM will fit inside the 7E :
"I have found that if you take out the goofy backboard that the tiny speaker mounts to in the 7e there is plenty of space at the top of the TX to fit a fully assembled multimodule with the modules directly on the board. I also made a build where the modules were wired to the board with wires where they could be mounted separate from the board, but found that to be harder to fit than the board with the modules directly on the board."

That would save me some time constructing the external box. (I have a partial done, but it will be very tight, which may require rework and more time.) So I'm happy to follow his solution understanding that he did not put the CYRF on the MM. Assuming that it would not fit with the CYRF, that also has the benefit of eliminating the software support for an "external" CYRF in the 7E, which was a total unknown to me in time and effort.

So my question: I have removed the stock CYRF and bought the full powered one. I would prefer to use the latter, but not sure about connecting it. The Devo module I have for the MM has 2 rows of 5 pins, with 8 labeled (7 unique with 2 grounds). Pin 3 and pin 7 are not labeled. Ignore them? The 7E pinout for the CYRF is a single row of 7 pins. 1,5,6 are not labeled, but multi-meter shows 1 is 3.3V (not on the module), 6 is 5V, and 5 is unknown. The 2 pins on the module not accounted for on 7E are CSN and Reset, so I could assume pin 5 on the 7E is for CSN and connect 7 of the 10 module pins to the most likely 7 spots on the board. Is there any way to verify this, or should I reinstall the stock module? :sick:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2016 03:20 #48922 by misherman
Replied by misherman on topic External Module questions
Opening a new thread. Not about external module any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds