"Unable to get DFU descriptor. Bad firmware" Help

More
23 Feb 2016 02:45 #43486 by Dubs
I have tried for hours to install Deviationtx on my Devo 7e. I have tried multiple versions of Dfuse and multiple firmware versions, an issue I consistently have is that my computer says that my transmitter is malfunctioning. I have to keep installing the drivers over and over and eventually it works. When I try to flash Deviationtx, either Dfuse freezes or it says "Unable to get DFU descriptor. Bad firmware".

I am about to tear my hair out, does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2016 04:28 #43491 by mwm
You might try using the deviation installer rather than the Walkera one. Download links (but not instructions, unfortunately) are in the manuals as of last night. Those are correct for either 4.0.1 or a nightly build.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
23 Feb 2016 14:26 #43507 by Dubs
Thank you, I was unaware that there was another option besides the Walkera software. I will give it a try after I get out of work this afternoon, although I may need to wait until the manual is completed.

More
23 Feb 2016 22:15 #43523 by Noel
Good evening (11.15PM in France)
I succeed using my new computer Win 10/ I7 /USB 3 or 3.*
For the old Deviation 4.01 'this one of 15 feb 2016. We are now on the new one 22 feb 2016.
Regards

More
24 Feb 2016 03:09 #43539 by Dubs
Excellent. I did get it working. I ended up using the software provided with the Deviation installer to install the drivers, then after unplugging all my USB devices except for the Devo and restarting the computer, it worked just fine.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds