Thread date/timestamp instead of "m/h/min ago"

More
11 Mar 2016 09:45 #44423 by Thomas.Heiss
Hello,

this is a question regarding internal forum software.

How can the forum be changed or customized by user that each thread including "Recent Topics" lists the original timestamp yyyy-mm-dd or dd.mm.yyyy (DE) instead of the very specific display date format "months days hours min ago"?

When I do a mouse-over the specific date / timestamp is displayed e.g in the longer format "11 March 2016 10:15".

I pretty much hate the current date format settings when I do thread browsing or advanced search.
What shall I know what was "8 month"... ago? I really want to read the concrete month + day + timestamp.

I gave up searching for a thread like this so I decided to post here.

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2016 02:19 #44447 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic Thread date/timestamp instead of "m/h/min ago"
Oh god this please x 9000111

More
12 Mar 2016 07:53 - 12 Mar 2016 11:15 #44452 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Thread date/timestamp instead of "m/h/min ago"
Looks like it's in now; FDR? MWM?

[EDIT] Hmm, just realised that sometimes the "m/h/min ago" view is sometimes useful; is it possible to implement it on the "forum/recent" view for "last post by..."? These have classes along the lines of ktopiclastpost / ktopic-latest-post, so should be able to implement it even if using a javascript/jquery overlay for post-rendering if the board settings don't allow...
Last edit: 12 Mar 2016 11:15 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
12 Mar 2016 13:33 #44462 by mwm
Not me. I have no special access to the forum or web site.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
12 Mar 2016 16:53 - 12 Mar 2016 16:54 #44471 by FDR
It was me.
I just exchanged the 2 settings, so now it has the date and time written, and the xxxx before when you hover the mouse over the datetime.
I don't really want to edit the source each time there is an upgrade, not to mention that I don't have easy access to the files. (I don't have FTP access, but only web upload one by one...)
Last edit: 12 Mar 2016 16:54 by FDR.

More
13 Mar 2016 12:30 - 13 Mar 2016 12:34 #44500 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Thread date/timestamp instead of "m/h/min ago"
Thank you very much FDR.
Much better now.
I very much appreciate your efforts!

It may be wise to make some file backups of the forum settings so once there is an upgrade you can easily copy back old settings or merge different file content?

BTW (I may move that to 2nd thread):
Do you DeviationTX server/forum owners make manual (offline) backups, not only to a 2nd online RAID backup system, but also offline to 2-3 NAS, 2nd FTP etc.?

You probably heard the story of the big RC-Line German forum where all online (including backup) HDDs got corrupt (RAID HDD recovery on restore destroyed >1 HDDs too) and all threads of multiple years have gone?
Would be nice to know that there are 3-4 server / forum owners of you you who actually also do offline NAS/FTP (tar.gz mysqlDB) backups once in a while (e.g every 1-3 months).
Please don't rely just on one online backup RAID server solution.
On my V-server I am using the scripting tool "backup-manager" for this (supports automatic FTP upload).

Thomas
Last edit: 13 Mar 2016 12:34 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
14 Mar 2016 08:27 #44547 by FDR
Of course we have offline backups.
I do one every workday, and download it to my PC...

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds