Hello and Thank you for Deviation

More
03 Apr 2016 09:09 #45693 by Alexandro
Hello and Thank you for Deviation was created by Alexandro
Hello,
im new on Deviation and doing reading and learning here on the Forum.
Now its Time to say THAK YOU for Deviation and i want to show some Things from the Newbie Side .

The Things:
- Documentation of the Sound.ini is a bit hidden , i found it very late and was surprised how nice it is to have multiple Alarm Tones
- Infos for Editing of the Telemetry Screen for 7e are a bit hidden to, it is nice to edit it on the Emulator on Windows . It enable the Option to move and delete the Boxes , Nice !
- The Implementation of the FrskyX ( where i try to help to debug ) is very nice and has most Features what needed to fly a Plane, can some one do it on Frsky D8 to ? ( Discharge mAh, Vario +/- m/s )
- I have some Data for Range Test RSSI, can some one write it to a Info Page ? ( Frsky D8 RSSI < 39 then los of Sigal on RX, FrskyX Rssi < 43 then los of Signal on RX ), (Max RSSI Frsky D8 100 +/-2, Max RSSI FrskyX 120 +/-2)

What i like:
Im from the Taranis Side and try to move complete to Deviation because i do not like the New Way from Frsky here at EU. They kick the User to new X Protocol and forget about all the D Series RX.
The Nice Things on Deviation is the easy Programming of the Mix Page, here is cool to use the Curve direct from it and not jumping to other Pages.
I like the Size and Handling of the Devo TX ( 8s,7e) they are a bit more modern compared to the Taranis.
And the biggest Like is the multiple use of the Protocols with it i have not to swap a Modul every time . Here i can use all of the Toys wich normal collect Dust at my Storage without to move a Ton of TX arround.

I hope Deviation is living long and the Programmers doing there great Work for long time in Future to !

all are my 2 ct.

please do not take my Words to hard , English is not my normal Speak here at Germany.

greetings Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2016 19:52 #45734 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Hello and Thank you for Deviation
Yeah, the sound.ini documentation - and config file documentation in general - wasn't in the 4.0 manual series. It's been added and since then ( check the menus on the left).

I think you mean "main page editing" not "telemetry editing". That's missing from the 7E (and the F7?) because the mcu in those doesn't have a lot of memory. We turned it on in the emulator build so people could use that to create model configs with different implementation.

FrSkyX is under development. I'm not sure it's really ready to fly yet, but I'm not participating in that. IIUC, the plan is to get it working, then get as much of the telemetry as possible working, then make the telemetry work in the D8 protocols as well, since they should use a lot of the same code. But check the thread on that for details.

We don't generally document what telemetry values mean, because even availability varies from protocol to protocol, much less meaning. For instance, FrSky has alarms at 45, 42 and 40 for the D8 protocol, where 40 should mean "imminent failure." I just set 1 alarm at 45 for mine, but I've run it at 42 with little problem.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.024 seconds