Help identify Quad Rx/FC PCB please.

More
06 May 2016 23:13 - 06 May 2016 23:57 #47920 by MegaHurts
Help identify Quad Rx/FC PCB please. was created by MegaHurts
Hi,

(Sorry too, I realized I should have posted this in the 'General' area. Won't happen again)
I am hoping someone here can tell me what/which Receiver IC/Protocol this Rx/FC PCB uses?
It is from a "Drone" called "Intruder UFO" by "XinXun".
Front:

Back:

Its Transmitter:

I have not been able to find any data about this product (that I could read anyway).
It is a friend of mine's and he crashed it hard enough that the tiny little frame that holds the Rx/FC PCB & Battery is fubar because it lost signal suddenly while close but high up (and never regained signal even though the decent brought it closer).

I'm (we are) hoping the Rx IC is one that can bind with a Devo7e and Deviation FW, without requiring an additional Tx Module - if possible.
I've looked inside the transmitter that it came with and concluded it is marginally better than my Syma X5c-1 transmitter (when it was stock),
(The Rx is a COB, so no identifier labeling to say what 2.4GHz system is being used.)

Since I'm putting the Rx/FC PCB and motors on a custom frame I made (see next picture) and have shortened the carbon fiber booms for the motor pods by half, (so it will be
lighter, more rigid and have shorter moment movements and smaller visual aspect), using a full range Tx with computer mixing and such might be needed
to keep it under control better. (at least enough so my friend can have more than the 3 practice flights it gave him before the high dive on its last flight. :( )
(Its new size is 295mm on cross-diagonal prop centers and yes, I had to cut about 1" off the props for clearance.)

New Body:

Mock-up:

Btw, I'm calling the New body design a "NightShark". It is also getting a lighting (LEDs) upgrade also so we can do some late evening / night flying when finished. (this weekend we hope)

Any help (pointing me in a direction) or suggestions anyone can offer is very appreciated by (us) and we thank you in advance.
MHz.

PS. Thanks also for the 5.0 firmware upgrade everyone who worked / helped on it. Flashed it an hour ago and seem to have gotten it right without any loss of my models / settings.
(Still have not actually used my new Devo7e to control anything because waiting for RC250 Quad kit to get here, so I'm anxious to fly anything now..... ) :woohoo:

noob Quad Pilot. New Devo 7e owner Thanks to DeviationTx FW:) & modding community.
Favorite 7e Mod: "Don't Panic" Splash Screen from tHHGttG books by Douglas Adams. Truly missed by us Travelers.
Flying: ZMR250 Racer and scratch built Quads.
Last edit: 06 May 2016 23:57 by MegaHurts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2016 00:52 #47932 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Help identify Quad Rx/FC PCB please.
I think that's a v2x2 board, the rf chip is actually on the vertical board with the antenna, we'll need a pic of that to be sure, try and angle the light so we can see the printed text on it

More
07 May 2016 00:59 - 07 May 2016 01:00 #47935 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Help identify Quad Rx/FC PCB please.
There's a XinXun protocol option in yd717, which requires an nRF24L01+ compatible module installed. The name is no guarantee it's the same protocol, but it could be.

The vertical board looks the same as the modules in the yd717 transmitters.
Last edit: 07 May 2016 01:00 by hexfet.

More
07 May 2016 07:30 #47951 by MegaHurts
Replied by MegaHurts on topic Help identify Quad Rx/FC PCB please.
Hey, Thanks a lot guys for the info.

The nRF24L01+ Tx module is on my wish list anyway for my Syma, or the multi-module so I can control the world. :evil:
I'm still trying to accept the fact that it is possible to have one radio to fly/drive/steer most other mfg's products.
It sure has changed since my last new radio purchase, a Hitec 4 channel digital proportional unit that cost me twice as much as a Devo7e does now.

@HappyHarry - I'd have to scrape the adhesive off holding the crystal in place on top of the COB (Chip On Board), to see if they even silk screened a part Id # on it.
Most of the COB surface is visible and devoid of any markings, so I'd rather not risk doing damage to unit. I'm getting paid to fix it, not break it while not being flown.
These proprietary products usually do not mark any custom COBs to prevent someone copying design or reveal they copied someone else or are producing them as cheap as possible, so don't bother to mark every component.
This one only has a PCB # and version # printed on it (the vertical RF daughter board)., and reason I asked here hoping someone recognized it or has/had a better name brand version which disclosed what HW is in use. No search of anything printed on receiver I did gave results remotely related to this thing.

I really miss the ol' days when "English Manual included" meant you get a concise technical manual Written In English, not as what you get now..- a Pamphlet Written With English Words.(and that have nothing to do with the products specs or functionality it seems).
This is one of those products and glad my friend didn't spend too much on it (won it at a fair/carnival skill game he claims). :unsure:

At least I can now stop trying to get it to bind with my Devo and finish the build. Repair work done and electronics tested good (with its Tx).
The Rx antenna was originally soldered to the other side of the PCB so it was positioned right above the FC parts MCU and (brushed) motor drivers :ohmy: and Imho, the cause of the drop out(s) he was getting.
Still to add a "real" antenna to the Tx also and hopefully all problems solved (HW at least, I cannot fix the pilot lol).

Again thanks for the help and hope to be able to repay/contribute in kind soon, after I get up to speed with this tech. (I design and program embedded devices/systems, but use different MCU by Microchip)

noob Quad Pilot. New Devo 7e owner Thanks to DeviationTx FW:) & modding community.
Favorite 7e Mod: "Don't Panic" Splash Screen from tHHGttG books by Douglas Adams. Truly missed by us Travelers.
Flying: ZMR250 Racer and scratch built Quads.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds