Additions to User Manual and Supported Model list

More
17 May 2016 03:09 #48567 by Doug40
I recently noticed minor omissions in the User Manual and the Supported Model List, both relating to the Bayang protocol.
What is the best way to document suggested suggested additions and/or changes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2016 02:52 #48621 by mwm
For the supported models list, request write access to the spreadsheet.

For the manual, clone the source repository and submit a pull request.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 May 2016 00:10 #48661 by Doug40
Thank you for the info. I didn't realize it was open to user editing. Editing the spread sheet seems easy enough, but I was hoping for a place to drop the info. I am unfamiliar with the repository tools, not likely to be a regular user, and short on time at present.

I'll leave the suggested changes here.

For the Supported Module List:
Add Bayang X8 (using the Bayang protocol as the H8 mini and others)

For the Manual, suggested changes are in underlined upper case:
quote from online user manual =====================================
10.21. Protocol: *Bayang REMOVE THE ASTERIX. THE PROTOCOL IS INCLUDED IN THE V5 NIGHTLY BUILDS, AND PROBABLY V5

This protocol is used on BayangToys X9, X6, X7, X9, JJRC/Eachine H8, H10, and JJRC JJ850. ADD X8

NOTE: This protocol requires the addition of an ‘NRF24L01+’ hardware module to function. Note the “plus” version of the nRF device is required to support the 250kbits/s data rate. See the following document for more information: bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleInstallation

The first four channels represent Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, and Rudder. Additional channels control special functions:
•Channel 5 is unused
•Channel 6 enables the flip function
•Channel 7 is unused PHOTO. SINGLE PHOTO ON POSITIVE TRANSITION
•Channel 8 is unused START/STOP VIDEO RECORDING TOGGLE
•Channel 9 turns headless mode on/off
•Channel 10 engages the return-to-home feature
end quote=======================

I'll post a config file for the Bayan X8 (Syma X5 clone) when/if I finish it.
There' doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this quad. I couldn't find any reference to the Bayang(toys) X8 in the forum. It's better than the Syma X5 and is a giant improvement over the stock xmtr under Deviation.

More
19 May 2016 01:17 #48664 by Arnold

Doug40 wrote: ...10.21. Protocol: *Bayang REMOVE THE ASTERIX. THE PROTOCOL IS INCLUDED IN THE V5 NIGHTLY BUILDS, AND PROBABLY V5

I believe the asterisk should remain. Quoting from the manual, Section 9 - Protocols, in the first paragraph it says,
... If an ‘*’ is shown before the protocol name, it means this protocol is not currently
supported by the transmitter. This generally means that the necessary hardware module is not
installed or has not been configured properly ...
The second sentence is justification for the asterisk's presence. There are a lot of protocols included with the Nighly Builds, but many of them cannot be used unless the necessary hardware modifications are made. The asterisk in the manual serves to alert the reader to be aware of this.
Agreed?

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
19 May 2016 01:54 #48665 by mwm

Doug40 wrote: This protocol is used on BayangToys X9, X6, X7, X9, JJRC/Eachine H8, H10, and JJRC JJ850. ADD X8

Why is the X9 listed twice? Is that a glitch and one should be taken out, or is it two different craft, in which case that should be explained.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 May 2016 01:58 - 19 May 2016 02:03 #48666 by hexfet
Thanks Doug40. I created a pull request that you can review here .

You can do this entirely on github, though I'm not sure how it works if you don't already have a fork of deviation-manual. I did it on the web just to try the procedure and it made the changes in my fork and created a pull request from there.

I updated the first paragraph to clarify the asterisk in the manual means an additional module is required for the protocol. A * on the transmitter means the required module is not detected by deviation.

The pending pull request #4 already updates the module installation link.

Exterminated extra X9.
Last edit: 19 May 2016 02:03 by hexfet.

More
19 May 2016 07:24 #48688 by vmsda
I do not see the parameter "value" documented in the manual. It seems applicable to "trim", if not to other higher-level parameters as well.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds