TIMERS and their order no.

More
18 May 2016 14:04 #48638 by 92zb
TIMERS and their order no. was created by 92zb
I find it very confusing that on the timer page you have the names of timers, but on the "Main page config" only timer nos. appear. I have suspison that the order in which Timers appear on Manual 9.3 is different from Timers on TX. I am not sure though.
Shouldn't the countdown timer when reaches to Zero, count backword. At present it disappears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2016 14:56 #48640 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic TIMERS and their order no.
What do you mean by "names of timers"? On the main page config, it has "Timer1", etc. - which is exactly what show sup on the Timers page.

What version of deviation are you using, and on which controller?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
18 May 2016 15:53 #48641 by 92zb
Replied by 92zb on topic TIMERS and their order no.
In the manual of 7e at 9.3, this first timer is "Stop Watch" 2."Countdown" 3. "contdn-prop", 4. "Permenant", 5.
I just want to know is this sequance is right as these timers appear in the above order on 9.3.. Try all 4 and see.
I have 7e and on latest nightly.

More
18 May 2016 17:06 - 18 May 2016 17:07 #48643 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic TIMERS and their order no.

92zb wrote: In the manual of 7e at 9.3, this first timer is "Stop Watch" 2."Countdown" 3. "contdn-prop", 4. "Permenant", 5.

Those are what the timers are timing, not their names, timer #N can be any type of timer but it's always timer #N.
Any number timer can be stopwatch or countdown or throttle based countdown or whatever...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 18 May 2016 17:07 by Cereal_Killer.

More
19 May 2016 02:00 #48667 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic TIMERS and their order no.
FWIW, you should no longer be running the nightly build without a very good reason. With 5.0 we have a recent release with all the bug fixes and hardware support of the nightly builds. Since we're also doing active development again, things tend to break so the nightly may well have new issues. Installing it to test a protocol might be such a reason, but you should go back to the release build when the testing is done. If you really need to run a new protocol, then ask for a release build with it instead of using the nightly.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 May 2016 02:51 #48674 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic TIMERS and their order no.
on the other hand, if you ever want another major release, SOMEONE better be testing the nightlies :)
But mwm is correct, they will not be at the same stability level they have been for the past year or so.

More
23 May 2016 17:13 #49076 by 92zb

mwm wrote: FWIW, you should no longer be running the nightly build without a very good reason. With 5.0 we have a recent release with all the bug fixes and hardware support of the nightly builds. Since we're also doing active development again, things tend to break so the nightly may well have new issues. Installing it to test a protocol might be such a reason, but you should go back to the release build when the testing is done. If you really need to run a new protocol, then ask for a release build with it instead of using the nightly.

I did not say I was running nightly. I am talking about 5.0 version. In it there are 5 timers. In the manual at 9.3 there are only 4 timers. On "Main page config" in Boxes 2 and 3 you can not use 5th timer which ever it is. It is so confusing for me.
"Cntdn-prop" start without activating the "Control". What is the difference between "Countdown" and Cntdn-prop" I do not know. The "Countdown" start properly with controler but the other start without activating it.
I tried to insert different timers in *.ini file of a model, I could not get it. Other alterations to the ini file reflect changes properly. Perhaps I am doing some thing wrong. I must admit I am new to all this.

More
23 May 2016 17:21 - 23 May 2016 17:21 #49077 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic TIMERS and their order no.
You should probably post an .ini file so we can see your issue. The devo7e should only show 4 timers on the timer page. each of those 4 timers can be one of 5 types:
stopwatch, stop-prop, countdown, cntdn-prop, permanent.
I believe on the 7e, permanent timers are not supported.
'prop' is short for 'proportional'. it means that the timer does not run in seconds, but instead in proportinal time to the position of the control. For instance, if you use the throttle stick as the 'Control', the timer will run faster when at full throttle than at idle. This is used to help gauge battery life with a timer.
Last edit: 23 May 2016 17:21 by PhracturedBlue.

More
25 May 2016 15:25 #49203 by 92zb

PhracturedBlue wrote: You should probably post an .ini file so we can see your issue. The devo7e should only show 4 timers on the timer page. each of those 4 timers can be one of 5 types:
stopwatch, stop-prop, countdown, cntdn-prop, permanent.

If you take a new model.ini using 7E(V:5), it already has a timer 2 with a time of 10. You can set the src and time, and it is reflected on TX monitor with addttional Timer which this ini does not contain. I added a Timer 1 stop-prop with scr and sw. When I go back to the TX I get another timer which is cntdn-prop(model11.ini file is attached). Is this mean that cntdn-prop is No.1 and countdown is No.2 timer, then which is 3 and 4th. In main page conf. Box 2 = Timer 1; Box 3=Timer 2. What I am doing worng ?

By the way what is the function of these Toggles, what they use for. Please educate me. Thanks.
Attachments:

More
25 May 2016 16:31 - 25 May 2016 16:33 #49205 by Cereal_Killer

92zb wrote: By the way what is the function of these Toggles, what they use for. Please educate me. Thanks.

Toggles are one of my favorite parts of Devo because you get to be creative. They're small icons you can setup to be a visual representation of the switch positions. There's a few pages of default icons or you can search the forums for custom toggle icons. I know I've personally posted several sets for multiwii/ Cleanflight and APM ad have others. They can display flight modes or be dual rate indicators or a little lock for safety or whatever you create (you draw them in a program like GIMP then export as a .bmp and upload to the media directory).

Last edit: 25 May 2016 16:33 by Cereal_Killer.

More
25 May 2016 21:15 #49225 by 92zb
Thanks for you reply. I will appreciate it vrery much if you please take one step more and educate how do you do it, or point me towards a tutorial. Thanks

More
26 May 2016 12:52 #49284 by Cereal_Killer
While we're on the subject of timers... is there a option to have a timer count down (or up) for a "cp" multi where is doesn't count when throttle stick is centered (zero throttle) but counts when moved above or below center? Either standard or proportional would be fine.

More
26 May 2016 13:30 #49286 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic TIMERS and their order no.
You probably can implement it with a virtual channel and use that as a switch...

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds