Is the Bo Rong BR6802 Quad supported?

More
06 Jun 2016 10:07 #50025 by troyka
Hi guys

I've just entered the world of deviation. I've bought a Dev10 and installed an A7105 and an NRF24L01 module. I've managed to confirm that the modules work and I can bind to various small helicopters.

However I can't seem to connect to my quad which is a BR6802. I'm almost certain that it's a rebadge of the WLToys v262, so I tried the v2x2 protocol as per the model -> protocol listing. However it will not bind.

Does anyone know if this quad is supported, or whether there is another protocol that I can try to use to connect? I'd love to have the one controller to rule them all.

Here is a link to the BR6802 that I have. Any help would be appreciated.

Bo Rong BR6802

Cheers
Troyka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2016 04:23 #50158 by troyka
Replied by troyka on topic Is the Bo Rong BR6802 Quad supported?
I found the official product page if that helps?

Click here for the product page

More
08 Jun 2016 08:25 - 08 Jun 2016 08:28 #50166 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Is the Bo Rong BR6802 Quad supported?
If you can take some high resolusion pictures of TX RF module / RX RF chip, I think it would be easier to help you.
If it's a really rebadge of the WLToys v262, it should bind with V2x2 protocol.
The toy maker always changed protocol.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2016 08:28 by dc59.

More
11 Jun 2016 12:18 - 11 Jun 2016 12:20 #50395 by troyka
Replied by troyka on topic Is the Bo Rong BR6802 Quad supported?
Hi DC59

Thanks very much for the response. I've taken a few photos. Please let me know if they are not high enough resolution.

I think that they were selling quite a few of these quads as "UFO's" here in the local hobby store a year or more ago. Hopefully it uses a supported protocol.

Thanks again
Last edit: 11 Jun 2016 12:20 by troyka. Reason: addressing the wrong person

More
12 Jun 2016 01:11 #50445 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Is the Bo Rong BR6802 Quad supported?
Unfortunately, you can't tell. The two relevant boards are the ones with antenna's attached in the first three and last photo. But what we need to read are the markings on the RF module itself. Those are under the little black blob in the first photo, and either U1 (under the hot glue used on the crystal) or U3 (markings apparently scraped off). So you're stuck trying all the supported protocols to see if one binds at all. If you want to do that, try the NRF ones first, as it's very popular in cheap quads.

Work look, the transmitter board looks like it has a microcontrolller on it (the "other" of the two chips I named), which is what's communicating with the transmitter cpu, which means makes reversing the signals nearly impossible.

On the other hand, the Rx side chip looks like it'd be easy to capture the signals as the lines are clearly labelled. I'm not sure if that does any good, though.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
12 Jun 2016 13:25 #50470 by 92zb
Replied by 92zb on topic Is the Bo Rong BR6802 Quad supported?
Try MT99XX protocol, your copter looks similar to LS124. Good luck !

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds