Devo 7E not powering up after module modification

More
08 Jun 2016 19:06 #50196 by j.rizzo909
My devo 7E is not powering on after I attempted to the NRF24L01 modification. Can someone please help me to figure out where the problem is? I am fairly new to the modification area of the hobby and any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2016 21:56 #50214 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7E not powering up after module modification
some pictures of your wiring, what pin you soldered the ce wire too (tms or tck) etc would be handy, also what methods have you used to try and troubleshoot so far. not all of us can astral project and look at your tx lol ;)

More
09 Jun 2016 00:09 #50219 by royent
I wonder if it's the same issue as this thread.

More
09 Jun 2016 23:38 #50292 by j.rizzo909
Replied by j.rizzo909 on topic Devo 7E not powering up after module modification

HappyHarry wrote: some pictures of your wiring, what pin you soldered the ce wire too (tms or tck) etc would be handy, also what methods have you used to try and troubleshoot so far. not all of us can astral project and look at your tx lol ;)

I de-soldered wires that are entwined as well as the ground wire. Other than that it is the same. I hope someone can help. I'm a quick learner and study, but I am new so when explaining keep in mind that I received an MA in English not Engineering or some other discipline...Thanks!!!! :P B)

More
10 Jun 2016 01:33 - 10 Jun 2016 01:34 #50298 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7E not powering up after module modification
it's hard to tell with the angle of the pictures but it looks like the solder on the vdd pin is also bridged to the ground pin to the left of it, also the soldering on the tms pin might be bridging to both tck and rst as well. if you could take pictures from different angles showing all of the wiring (just the wiring you added for the module, not the stock tx wires) connections to the board, showing if the solder/wires are only touching the correct points, and wether they are bridging other pads/ it would be helpful :)

heh i've just gotten a bsc hons in networking, so don't worry you won't get anything electronically technical from me lol
Last edit: 10 Jun 2016 01:34 by HappyHarry.

More
10 Jun 2016 01:37 #50299 by Deal57
It's a bit hard to see, but the solder around the connections to the board seem like they may be touching the next pad, next to the tms and Vcc. Do you have a solder sucker or a wick to take some of that up?

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
10 Jun 2016 22:30 #50364 by j.rizzo909
Replied by j.rizzo909 on topic Devo 7E not powering up after module modification

HappyHarry wrote: it's hard to tell with the angle of the pictures but it looks like the solder on the vdd pin is also bridged to the ground pin to the left of it, also the soldering on the tms pin might be bridging to both tck and rst as well. if you could take pictures from different angles showing all of the wiring (just the wiring you added for the module, not the stock tx wires) connections to the board, showing if the solder/wires are only touching the correct points, and wether they are bridging other pads/ it would be helpful :)

heh i've just gotten a bsc hons in networking, so don't worry you won't get anything electronically technical from me lol

Thanks Harry...No I don't. But I will run down to the hardware store and hopefully they will have it. Once, I clean up those pads I will re-attempt the mod. I'm really a Noob at soldering also, any suggestions to keep my soldering area the intended area? LOL. Total FNG question I know, but "a closed mouth never gets fed."

More
10 Jun 2016 22:31 #50365 by j.rizzo909

Deal57 wrote: It's a bit hard to see, but the solder around the connections to the board seem like they may be touching the next pad, next to the tms and Vcc. Do you have a solder sucker or a wick to take some of that up?

Thanks Deal57, in the above post is the response!! But I thank you for your assistance now and in the future.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds