Problem binding XK K100 to Devo 7E

More
20 Jun 2016 15:18 #50861 by vmsda
Problem binding XK K100 to Devo 7E was created by vmsda
Heli binds to Futaba 6J, and I now want to bind it to a just installed CC2500 on a Devo 7E, but with no success. What is the correct binding procedure?

PS. It does not look like a module problem, since I get no error message on power on, and S-FHSS protocol is enabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2016 21:28 #50873 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Problem binding XK K100 to Devo 7E
You need to make sure your CC2500 works at different radio protocol (if you have some other receivers).

Also, it matters which module specifically you used - some have PA/LNA control pins reversed and it may lead to module not working.

Binding procedure is simple - you need to press a bind button on the control board - take off canopy first. There is only one button on this board, you need to turn on power and press this button. Then it should bind to the active TX.

More
21 Jun 2016 08:00 #50893 by vmsda
Replied by vmsda on topic Problem binding XK K100 to Devo 7E

victzh wrote: You need to make sure your CC2500 works at different radio protocol (if you have some other receivers).

Also, it matters which module specifically you used - some have PA/LNA control pins reversed and it may lead to module not working.

Binding procedure is simple - you need to press a bind button on the control board - take off canopy first. There is only one button on this board, you need to turn on power and press this button. Then it should bind to the active TX.

Thks for your hints, victzh.
1. I installed CC2500 specifically for my S-FHSS stuff, have no other stuff with which to test card.
2. Bought card from BG: CC2500 PA LNA Remote Wireless Module CC2500 SI4432. It features PA_EN on pin 9 and LNA_EN on pin 10. It shares SCK, MOSI, MISO, GND and VDD with working NRF24L01, whilst pin 8 (CSn) connected to TCK (V5.0.0 hardware.ini updated). In CC2500, pin 5 (GDO2) bridged to pin 10 (LNA_EN), pin 7 (GDOo) bridged to pin 9 (PA_EN). Don't remember where I saw the instructions for these connections.
3. On power-on, red light flashes slowly on K100. If code button pressed for one second (as per manual in Chinglish), red light goes out and nothing else happens.

More
21 Jun 2016 09:42 #50897 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Problem binding XK K100 to Devo 7E
Stupid question - did you solder the antenna?

More
21 Jun 2016 10:04 #50898 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Problem binding XK K100 to Devo 7E
have you tried adjusting freq-fine?

More
21 Jun 2016 10:12 #50899 by vmsda

victzh wrote: Stupid question - did you solder the antenna?

Stupid omission on my part: I soldered a pig tail, just as I have one for the NRF24L01. There was no antenna shipped with the CC2500.

More
21 Jun 2016 10:13 #50900 by vmsda

HappyHarry wrote: have you tried adjusting freq-fine?

Have no idea what that means ... sorry.

More
21 Jun 2016 11:52 #50902 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Problem binding XK K100 to Devo 7E
in the model menu where you select the protocol, set it to s-fhss and then press enter, a protocol options screen will open and allow you to tune the frequency, see this post for the method >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...dule?start=580#50512

More
21 Jun 2016 12:01 #50903 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic Problem binding XK K100 to Devo 7E
If you click on the frsky protocol box it gives you the option for freq_fine and freq_coarse
Try moving them around +-20 and binding.
Hopefully it will work :D

More
21 Jun 2016 12:24 #50904 by vmsda

Nitro_123 wrote: If you click on the frsky protocol box it gives you the option for freq_fine and freq_coarse

You mean changing the protocol for the K100 from S-FHSS to Frsky, do the freq thing, then back to S-FHSS and Re-Init to see if it binds?

More
21 Jun 2016 14:43 #50909 by vmsda

vmsda wrote:

Nitro_123 wrote: If you click on the frsky protocol box it gives you the option for freq_fine and freq_coarse

You mean changing the protocol for the K100 from S-FHSS to Frsky, do the freq thing, then back to S-FHSS and Re-Init to see if it binds?

Impatient to try, did not wait for answer. Did not bind at freq-fine of 0; started binding at +10 all the way up to +127, in steps of 10. Followed advice and set it at +70. The only deviation from the method above was that after Re-init I powered off and on.
The other relief is that I seem to be spared the installation of a nightly.

Thks a ton to victzh, HH and Nitro-123 for prompt help. See you in the next problem. :)

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds