Devo 8S additionell 3 way switch needed

More
25 Jun 2016 20:43 #51070 by crasy666
Devo 8S additionell 3 way switch needed was created by crasy666
Hello,

maybe I searched not long enough, but I have not seen any thread how to add an extra 3 way switch, while I have seen in the hardware.ini the lines .

my Devo 8s has already a vibration motor, so a SMT fine pitch soldering is not an issue.

Maybe somebody can give me a hint.

Regards

Wolfgang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2016 02:13 #51076 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 8S additionell 3 way switch needed
I'm not aware of any additional switches for the 8s; we brought the 6s up to the hardware switch level of the 8s by using unpopulated headers that were found on the PCB.
What is the purpose of the additional 3-way? Does it have to be a physical switch? You might be able, for example, to set up in software the use of the HOV-P or HOV-T trims to toggle via trims-as-buttons?
An extension of that might be the possibility of hooking up a latching 3-way swicth in parallel with one the of the trim pairs, possibly with the addition of some diodes (eg. IN4148) to maybe stop ghosting of the other trims (see the 6s additional switches thread). What I'd suggest would be testing the trims pair (eg. HOV-P) and your software setup by holding the trim in one position, seeing if you can the software (eg. a virtual channel) to simulate this being the same as one position of a 3-pos switch), and while holding also test other trims to see if there is interference.
So you'd have in essence trim being held up(+), trim not being pressed, and trim being held down (-), and using trims-as-buttons and virtual channels to create your desired end result

More
26 Jun 2016 08:03 #51081 by crasy666
Replied by crasy666 on topic Devo 8S additionell 3 way switch needed
Thank you for your reply, even if "I don 't like it" :(

yes I know how to use a trim button as input, or e.g. to add extra switches with an Arduino added to the PPM in Port (used on the Devo 7e for the RC Truck of my son)

I have now a new Spirit FBL with Rescue function and Bank switching, so my idea is to setup this config where I miss for the moment a 3way switch.

Flightmode 0 1 2 used for the different trottle values.
Mix 0 1 2 with an extra Panikbutton on channel 5 to set the gyrogain and with a negative value to trigger the rescue function
gear switch ( here I would use the 3way switch) to select the different banks in the FBL, indepent from the headspeed selected by the flightmode

as the AIL DR switch is not connected (the input is used for the panik button) that would be the place for an other 3 way switch.

in worst case I will use the gear switch for two gyro gains (should be enough if you have once found the perfect gyro settings for your heli) and use the mix switch for the bank switching.

btw that is my panik button, very easy to reach during the flight.
Attachments:

More
26 Jun 2016 10:10 #51094 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 8S additionell 3 way switch needed
Is panic a momentary? If so, why not switch it out to one of the trims and get your AIL DR back?

More
30 Jun 2016 20:10 #51227 by crasy666
Replied by crasy666 on topic Devo 8S additionell 3 way switch needed
yes it is a momentary switch, but it will not help to use a trim switch, as I will have than also no extra three way switch.

I made now a virtuell switch with the left upper Trimmbuttons and use a big field. on the screen to see the position of the "switch".

it is working and I can use it also during thee flight....

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds