help with mix for FMOD switch (and hold) on Devo7E

More
08 Jul 2016 16:39 #51443 by tboneportly
Hiya

struggling a bit with setting up my switches....

I have a Devo 7E with Devo RX701 receiver and APM 2.8

in mission planner I am getting movement on all controls, but not on my switches, so I looked at setting up a mix for the FMOD switch (on the tx)
so I set up channel 6 as a complex mix
mixers > 2
pages > 2

page 1
switch > FMODE0
mux > Replace
Src > FMODE0
Curve EXPO 0
Scale > 100
Offset > 0

page 2
switch > FMODE1
mux > Replace
Src > FMODE1
Curve EXPO 0
Scale > 100
Offset > 0

I have chanell 6 on the RX connected to channel 5 on the APM
now I see a value of 1901 for channel 5 in mission planner, but nothing happens when I toggle the switch

I assume I need o set a value for the off (0) state, but not sure how?
any clues gratefully received!

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 17:20 #51444 by FDR
It is always +100%, isn't it?
The mistake lies in that on the first page, when the FMODE0 switch is true, since it is the source as well, it will output +100, while the second page, when the FMODE1 switch is true, it also means that it will output +100 too as a source.
So change the curves to fixed on both pages, and set the values to -100 and +100 with the scale or the offset. The switches are fine.
However since it is a 7E, which only has a two state FMODE switch, you can simply switch to a simple mixer and set FMODE1 as source, and it's done...

More
08 Jul 2016 18:50 #51447 by mwm
Alternate solution:

Delete the second mixer, and set the Switch on the first one to None. That will beo 100% when FMODE0 is on, and -100% when it isn't. Using two mixers lets you set arbitrary output levels.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 Jul 2016 09:43 - 11 Jul 2016 09:45 #51545 by tboneportly
Replied by tboneportly on topic help with mix for FMOD switch (and hold) on Devo7E
thank you very much, was getting a bit bogged down with this!

so, if I had a 3 position switch, would I set up 2 mixers as above, or would I need 3? (bound to put more switches in soon!)

cheers
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 09:45 by tboneportly.

More
11 Jul 2016 13:15 #51549 by mwm
You can use FDRs technique of a mixer for each switch position with a fixed curve and the appropriate output value. Or you can replace two of those with a single mixer using the switch position as SRC, mixing the technique I described with the fixed curve technique.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Aug 2016 14:52 - 09 Aug 2016 15:04 #52615 by tboneportly
Replied by tboneportly on topic help with mix for FMOD switch (and hold) on Devo7E
OK, now I've got this thing flying I really need to set up some flight modes, and I'm getting a bit stuck...

the devo 7E is still stock, so I only have the HOLD and FMOD switch with 2 positions.

what I would like is to have at least 4 flight modes - stabilise, alt hold, gps and RTL - is this possible and how would I go about setting it up? I've seen bits about using the trim switches, but ideally I'd like to see an example in an ini file (or a step by step guide for clueless idiots :) )

I've been digging around and I can't find any examples or config files for for the 7E with a APM 2.8(6) hex...

I think that what I'm asking really is how do I use the 2 switches to create one output to channel 5, with 4 values that I can assign flight modes to, but I may be wrong!

cheers!
Last edit: 09 Aug 2016 15:04 by tboneportly. Reason: clarification

More
09 Aug 2016 16:23 #52622 by tboneportly
what I'm currently trying is this:

mixers > 4
pages > 4

page 1
switch > HOLD0
mux > Replace
Src > None
Curve> fixed
Scale > 100
Offset > 0

page 2
switch > HOLD1
mux > Replace
Src > None
Curve> fixed
Scale > -100
Offset > 0

page 3
switch > FMODE0
mux > Replace
Src > None
Curve> fixed
Scale > 55
Offset > 0

page 1
switch > FMODE1
mux > Replace
Src > None
Curve> fixed
Scale > -55
Offset > 0

I can't select the Src on any of the pages

this gives me:
FMOD0 - 1280
FMOD1 - 1721

but the HOLD switch isn't changing anything

cheers!

More
09 Aug 2016 22:48 #52637 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic help with mix for FMOD switch (and hold) on Devo7E
HOLD isn't doing anything because it's always being replaced by the FMODE settings! Even in FMODE0, that's overwriting either of your HOLD values.
You likely want to change the FMODE mux to ADD, depending on what your intended outputs are.

More
10 Aug 2016 09:07 #52646 by tboneportly
thanks! got it!

I set HOLD0 to replace with -100
HOLD1 to replace 50

then I set the FMODs to add a bit to each of the hold values

what I didn't really get at first was that the mixes are added in order, so if HOLD0 is 1100 then I add FMOD0 with a +10% value it is now 1210 then switch to FMOD1 with a +50% value it's now 1650 (or something like that!)

all seems to be working fine on the tx and mission planner, with 4 definate separate values from 1140 to 1900

now to work out the trim buttons....

cheers!

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds