How to find out 7e transmiting signals from DSC

More
08 Jul 2016 18:52 #51448 by 92zb
I am trying to connect 7e though DSC port using its own cable to SmartPropoPlus on Windows 7 (64). SmartPro does not detect it. I tried Mic port and Inline port of onboard Realtek sound card.
Few months ago I had modded imy TX and every thing is working normally. How can I check if the DSC port is working. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2016 05:42 #51474 by mwm
Plug in a headset and see if it sounds like PWM. OK, I'm kidding, I don't expect you to recognize PWM. But it is an audio frequency signal, so should make some noise. A better option of you've got it would be to hook up a logic analyzer or an oscilloscope and see if that gives you PWM. You could also try hooking up a second transmitters configured as a master buddy box and see if you saw signals there.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Jul 2016 06:45 #51477 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic How to find out 7e transmiting signals from DSC
I posted a link for the software for using the soundcard as a scope to capture the ppm stream here >> www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26346188&postcount=440

More
09 Jul 2016 08:37 - 09 Jul 2016 08:46 #51481 by ThomasC
SmartpropoPlus features an oscilloscope which should do the job. Note, that PPM (!!! It's not PWM, although there's not much difference in how the signal looks like) input has to be disabled before you get an output. A small bug in DeviationTX results in no PPM output after disabling PPM input, you have to power cycle your transmitter after you turned off PPM input. This applies to DeviationTX 4.0.1 - haven't tested the 5.0 yet.

And yes: a headphone gives you a hint. No sound means no output.

Have success

Thomas

btw: with DeviationTX there's no real use in using PPM output, as it features USBHID which is much more precise and has a higher resolution than PPM in most soundcards. PPM output is useful in TX-TX-connections where the resolution problem doesn't exist.

---
Last edit: 09 Jul 2016 08:46 by ThomasC.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds