Ubuntu Crashed My Devo 10 2MB Flash

More
18 Jul 2016 08:45 #51818 by lasakro
Ubuntu Crashed My Devo 10 2MB Flash was created by lasakro
A week ago I upgraded to 5.0.0 using Virtualbox, Win 10 and the DevoDfuSe.exe. No problems until today. It was after having model2.ini open on the USB with notepadqq in Ubuntu 16.04. After making some changes to it I saved it as model7.ini. I selected yes to overwite the current model7.ini purposely. That this point things went south. Notepadqq crashed and I couldn't get the TX out from USB mode. I performed continuity on the ENT key, it's good. Did an OS reboot.

GParted did see the almost 4MB drive as unpartitioned. I partitioned it as not cleared but the next one down like unused or something to 2MB. No FAT was available. Now gparted reports the drive is to small for FAT16 but there is no FAT. Windows 10 VM crashed when I took a stab with Disk Management. My brain cells from the late 80's, MSDOS and Windows for Workgoups are fried. A little help please.

Or is it time to finally cut my last tie with Walker and say hello to Taranis X9D Pro? I need more channels. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2016 09:11 #51819 by lasakro
Replied by lasakro on topic Ubuntu Crashed My Devo 10 2MB Flash {solved}
Never mind, I just enjoy chatting with myself. Command line tools are my friend:
www.webupd8.org/2009/10/linux-format-you...ive-via-command.html

Back up and running.

More
19 Jul 2016 00:49 #51859 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Ubuntu Crashed My Devo 10 2MB Flash
Sounds like your editor hung with an open file descriptor wedged somewhere, which yeah, will cause problems. Shouldn't reboot to fix it, though. From my days with v6:

The best thing about Unix is that you don't have to reboot it to fix problems.

The best thing about Windows is that you can fix any problem by rebooting it.

Possibly neither is true for a modern Windows and Linux...

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Jul 2016 01:12 #51865 by lasakro
Replied by lasakro on topic Ubuntu Crashed My Devo 10 2MB Flash
Nope, still true with both. But to clarify ending your session with Linux will usually fix it if all else fails.

I had a heck of a time copying my 4.0.1 model files back over. Every time I'd do it the Devo would get corrupted again and I'd have to re-formate. I ended up opening each file and copied the contents to a new file. Glad I only had 6 to do.

More
20 Jul 2016 13:01 - 20 Jul 2016 13:54 #51924 by mike_j
Replied by mike_j on topic Ubuntu Crashed My Devo 10 2MB Flash
That's a strange problem!

I got a new Devo 10 a few days ago and the first thing I did was flash DeviationTX 5.0 from Ubuntu using PB's Java uploader.

Flashing worked fine, but the initial filesystem that was created was corrupt. So I reformatted the partition as FAT 12, re-mounted it and copied the file system over manually. Since then, I've been copying files to and from the drive without issues.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2016 13:54 by mike_j.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds