WL Toys V912 range issue?

• rjmcewen63
  • rjmcewen63's Avatar Topic Author
  • I know how to fly, I'm learning not to crash...
More
12 Aug 2016 01:21 #52689 by rjmcewen63
WL Toys V912 range issue? was created by rjmcewen63
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the rc heli world, but I'm learning quickly! Crashes are harsh teachers!
Anyways, my question is, has anyone else had range problems with the V912? I get out about 70 yds. or so and then main motor shuts down momentarily. The problem persists until I fly back in closer.
I,m wondering, is there a way to correct this?
I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanx, Russ :unsure:

_
/_/ _ _
/ \/_/_\_\

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2016 01:40 - 12 Aug 2016 04:04 #52690 by captjack01
Replied by captjack01 on topic WL Toys V912 range issue?
what transmitter are you using? what are your tx power settings?
Last edit: 12 Aug 2016 04:04 by captjack01.

• rjmcewen63
More
12 Aug 2016 22:23 #52711 by rjmcewen63
Replied by rjmcewen63 on topic WL Toys V912 range issue?
Hi captjack01,
I'm using a deviated Devo 7e, with 3 -1 module installed. I'm assuming that when I'm using the V912 model (Flysky protocol with V912 extension turned on.) that I'm outputting full power.(150mW) I'm getting poor range only from this heli. My Master CP is also range limited, but this is because I'm using Devo protocol.(Original antenna and no range mod yet.) My JJRC h20 and V911 have no range probems at all, I can fly them right out of sight with full control. :woohoo: Any thoughts?

_
/_/ _ _
/ \/_/_\_\

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
13 Aug 2016 00:46 - 13 Aug 2016 00:58 #52712 by captjack01
maybe check out ant on the receiver of the 912 I had a 911 that ant had gotten up inside by the motor and it was doing funny things when flying, after rerouting it it worked fine. I am not sure of the multi module and full power output. I Thought they didnt have a PA. If you didnt do power mod yet to the Devo7e I dont think you are getting 150 mw out of the transmitter even through the original DEVO module. The range you are getting may be about the limit with things the way they are.
Hope this helps
John
Last edit: 13 Aug 2016 00:58 by captjack01.

• rjmcewen63
More
13 Aug 2016 01:03 #52713 by rjmcewen63
Thanks!
I did notice the antenna wire can get easily balled up when putting on the canopy/plugging in noselight!
Ill try this tomorrow. ;)
BTW do you know anything about controling lights/options on this heli? I've tried toggling CH5 to no avail. Any ideas?

_
/_/ _ _
/ \/_/_\_\

More
13 Aug 2016 01:32 #52714 by captjack01
No I am not familiar with the 912 at all. I am just getting started with the programming my self. I converted 2 Devo10 for the long range and just got a 7e yesterday and converted it for the short range ones. I am building a trex 450 dom 6s with beastex once I get that together then I will start figuring out program. Have you looked at some of the tutorials here there is a good one on programming.
Good Luck
John

• rjmcewen63
More
13 Aug 2016 01:55 #52715 by rjmcewen63
This has some enlightening reading on model files. Some cool tricks for switches and such. My Master CP .ini also. Hope it helps! Happy flying. :woohoo:

_
/_/ _ _
/ \/_/_\_\

Attachments:

More
13 Aug 2016 02:36 #52716 by captjack01
thank you Just make sure you notepad++ to edit the ini files and not notepad that comes with windows.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds