Unable to bind Toybase L6038 quad

More
19 Aug 2016 14:00 #52900 by rasqba
Unable to bind Toybase L6038 quad was created by rasqba
Hi everyone,

Today I installed a NRF24L01 module in my Devo 7E, and the only quad I can try it with is a Toybase L6038. In the "Supported Devices" list I checked that it uses V202 protocol. So that's what I'm choosing but unfortunately the quad doesn't bind. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe there are more settings to set in order to bind this quad?
Moreover, one in hmm around 20 bind tries my screen goes completely blank or only "???" unknown characters. It goes back to normal after pressing EXT a few times and going to the "front page". Could it mean i soldered the module in a wrong way? I'm pretty confident of my soldering skills ...

Sorry if its in the wrong forum, have a nice day
rasqba

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2016 17:15 #52908 by rasqba
Replied by rasqba on topic Unable to bind Toybase L6038 quad
Now I went to my cousin who has a Cheerson CX-30, works flawlesly, so I know my module is all right. What might be the problem then?

More
21 Aug 2016 13:28 #52978 by rasqba
Okay, i got it to bind with the YD717 protocol, works very well. So I guess there is an error in the supported models chart ;)

Have a nice day all,
rasqba

More
21 Aug 2016 18:47 #52986 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Unable to bind Toybase L6038 quad
I'm not familiar with toybase, but the manufacturers that use these toy protocols have been known to change them without making any obvious change in the packaging or documentation (I.e., "green board" or "blue board" versions of a craft), and you may have been bit by that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
22 Aug 2016 13:09 #53006 by rasqba
Thanks for the reply, yea I though so too ;P Anyways I'm glad it's working, thanks to all developers :)

Have a nice day,
rasqba

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds