Hysteresis function

More
23 Sep 2016 21:07 #54187 by Obsidian
Hysteresis function was created by Obsidian
Hi Everybody this is my first post on this forum,
I am using 5.0.0 on the Devo10 white and I am happy with it thanks to those who contributed.

The only annoying thing for me is jittering from the knobs AUX4 or AUX5. It is very small (1 or 2 PWM) but if you use it on the 360° gimbal yaw positioning, it causes shaky video. If mixers had a hysteresis function, it would solve this jittering problem.
And small beep indication may be great upon reach to middle position for knobs like official devo releases.

BR
Mert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2016 04:12 #54351 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Hysteresis function
I think the centering beep is included in mwm's voice alerts code, but that's not in the main stream yet.

Not sure hysteresis captures what your wanting. Seems more like a traveling deadzone that centers around an average of the most recent pot readings. Is this something that can be adjusted in the gimbal firmware?

No experience with gimbals though I know the theory. Is absolute positioning usually used? Is there an option on the gimbal to use relative positioning, where the pot value indicates direction and rate of rotation? Then you'd only need a deadzone around zero which is supported in deviation.

More
28 Sep 2016 20:40 #54381 by Obsidian
Replied by Obsidian on topic Hysteresis function
Thanks for your kind reply, beeping news is great I am willing to test it.

I am using Storm32 bgc and I have contacted to its creator Olliw, he said that it should be solved at the or close to root of the problem. There is an arducopter firmware between bgc and rx but arducopter does not include hysteresis function yet. Storm32 has a hysteresis function but only for RC PWM inputs not for mavlink bus that I preferred.

I use hold, hold, pan configuration means bgc tries to keep absolute position for pitch axis and roll axis but yaw axis is relative to copter's axis. I am commanding pitch axis and yaw axis via Aux4 and Aux5. If you don't alter yaw axis knob it keeps same yaw direction changes with copter except vibrations in order to take steady video. So both relative (yaw) and absolute (pitch) positioning gives immediate proportional position response to aux knob position. Since the pitch control range is about 100° knob jittering is not visible but for the yaw axis, range is 360° and jittering effect becomes visible. I am altering yaw knob during flight, so dead band is not applicable for me.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds