Deviation dont work on 12s

More
30 Sep 2016 07:18 #54427 by JB-Copter
Deviation dont work on 12s was created by JB-Copter
Hi, I'm very desperate ... have followed all the installation instructions, but unfortunately, deviation does not work on my devo 12s. The usb symbol still appears ... who can help me? Greetings Julian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2016 16:08 - 30 Sep 2016 16:18 #54443 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation dont work on 12s
At the present time, there are two methods described for installing deviation. Which method did you use?

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 30 Sep 2016 16:18 by Arnold.

More
30 Sep 2016 16:24 #54446 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Deviation dont work on 12s

JB-Copter wrote: ...The usb symbol still appears ...

Starting up w/ the USB symbol on sceen sounds like you didnt format the drive and then drag-and-drop all the necessary files & directories after you flashed the FW.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
30 Sep 2016 19:56 #54451 by JB-Copter
Replied by JB-Copter on topic Deviation dont work on 12s
hey, many thanks for your quick answers :-). I have updated with the USB Deviation firmware, then I have the Devo 12s formatted to FAT and then draufgezogrn the remaining files as described in the remote control. the USB symbol, however remains and I do not .... Greetings Julian

More
01 Oct 2016 20:02 - 01 Oct 2016 20:11 #54476 by Arnold
The newly revised manual (English - sorry, non-English versions are not current :( ) for the Devo 6/8/12 (see it in the sidebar) mentions 2 ways of installing Deviation.
1. Use the Walkera installation software.
2. Use the Deviation Java installer.

I suggest going with number 2, the Java installer, because it seems to be less troublesome than the Walkera method. Using the Java installer, you can easily install any version of Deviation, forward or backward, or return to the original Walkera firmware and file system if you wish. Installation uses the Firmware Zip file that you download without needing to unpack it. The Java installer takes care of unpacking and putting everything it the appropriate location on the radio.

Step-by-step downloads:
- Click on "Downloads" in the sidebar on the left side of the Main Menu page.
- Download to a location where you can find it, a version of your choice from the "Deviation Releases" section. I recommend using the newest "Nightly Build", since it has the most up-to-date information with the newest protocols.
- Browse to the "Downloads" page and click on the "DFU USB Tool" Heading.
- Windows users can click on "DFU USBDrv Installer 1.1.zip" to download Windows driver software to recognize the USB port of the Devo radio (if needed).
- All users should click on "Deviation Uploader-0.8.0.jar." to download the Java software used for installing Deviation.
- Go to the Oracle website to download the Java Runtime Environment for your computer if you don't already have a it installed. It is needed in order to run the Java installer. www.java.com/en/download/
- Find the Manual for the Devo 6/8/12 radios in the sidebar also. It is being regularly updated, so, perhaps best to just read it online rather than downloading it.
- From the sidebar "Links" page, you can find sources for the original Walkera installation files for your 12S, if you decide to fall back or start over.

Step-by-step Installing Deviation on the Devo 12S:
- Ensure that your Devo 12S is fully charged before beginning. Interrupting this process will lead to tears.
- Run the Deviation Uploader-0.8.0 on your computer.
- Connect your Devo 12S to your computer with the USB cable that came with the Devo.
- On the radio, turn on the power switch while holding the "Trainer" switch on the top-right-rear shoulder of the radio. (This is different from all other Devo radios, which use the EXT button instead.)
The "Program Update" screen will be displayed on the radio and it is ready to receive an update.
- If Windows prompts you for driver software, take the necessary steps to satisfy that request, I'd start with the "DFU USBDrv Installer" that you downloaded earlier.
- On your computer, look at the "Transmitter" field at the top of the Uploader program that's running. "Devo 12" should appear there shortly after turning on the transmitter. Do not proceed if this is not the case. Seek help from the Forum members.
- Look for the series of tabs marked "Install/Upgrade | DFU | File Manager | Bin-Send" and see that "Install/Upgrade" is highlighted.
- Next to the "Firmware" field, click on the "..."button to browse for the Zip file for the Deviation firmware you are going to install and select it. The path and filename will appear in the "Firmware" field. You will also see that the fields for Firmware and Library Version and Size now contain information. Also, a number of item boxes have been checked in the program window to set up the installation. You're good to go!
- Click on the "Install/Upgrade" button at the bottom of the program window and wait while the installation takes place. You'll see the progress bar at the bottom of the window and then a dialog box will notify you when the installation is complete. Be patient.
- Job done. Unplug the USB cable and turn off the transmitter. When you turn it on again, you'll be greeted with the Deviation splash screen. B)

Last edit: 01 Oct 2016 20:11 by Arnold.

More
04 Oct 2016 18:37 #54594 by JB-Copter
Replied by JB-Copter on topic Deviation dont work on 12s
Hello and thanks for the answer precisely description :-). Unfortunately this does not work. Once I have the zip file into loading in the Firmware field it is loaded into the file system field. then I go to upload, while it takes 3 Minutuen but it is not the Deviation installed firmware .... :( That can not be? What am I doing wrong ..... :( :( :(

More
04 Oct 2016 20:43 - 04 Oct 2016 21:47 #54606 by Arnold
Don't know what's wrong, but...
Using the procedure I outlined, re-install the Walkera Devention firmware. You can find a download for Walkera's Devention for the Devo 12/12S at this URL:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3y72n5Y...YYVBuX0ZtV2lUYndod00

At the point in the procedure when you choose the ZIP file to install, select the Walkera ZIP that you've downloaded. Then follow the rest of the procedure. If you are successful with this, try again to install Deviation.

Please post a comment about your results.

Last edit: 04 Oct 2016 21:47 by Arnold.

More
17 Oct 2016 06:53 - 17 Oct 2016 06:54 #55030 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Deviation dont work on 12s
Last edit: 17 Oct 2016 06:54 by Wene001.

More
17 Oct 2016 07:02 - 17 Oct 2016 07:07 #55032 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Deviation dont work on 12s
If you flashing original firmware, you need "Upgrade" firmware at "Firmware" tab and "Upgrade" library at "Library" tab. Download fresh copy of firmware archive and retry to flash firmware.

If you flashing Deviation firmware, you need to do the same, then format USB drive and copy filesystem to USB drive.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2016 07:07 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds