Lemon Sat RXs terrible rainge.

More
09 Oct 2016 09:17 #54743 by ixlix
Lemon Sat RXs terrible rainge. was created by ixlix
So i have been using diversity Lemon sats for a while now and have come across a problem. The sat port of my FC stopped supplying power to the sat so ive added an adjustable regulator and set it to 3.3v. Now when i fly I only get around 20m of range and then my quad falls from the sky. When i try the range test, i only get about 1-2m before i get the alarm for lost signal.

Im using a Devo 10, and tried on Official and nightly and experimental builds, all the same. Ive changed antennas to brand new ones on the sat, still the same. Ive tried a non-diversity sat and exactly the same behaviour, so i dont think its the rxs.

Im really confused. Ive added a CC2500 module and have an XSR rx on order but until then im grounded, and would really like to get it working again as i love the tiny sats on my Atom.

Anyone have any advice/suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2016 12:39 #54746 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Lemon Sat RXs terrible rainge.
So the only thing that changed is the FC stopped supplying 3.3v? Have you ruled out a power-supply problem on the FC that might be affecting the signal from the sat as well as other FC logic? An FC with low voltage on 3.3v could have more than just a problem with the RX port.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
09 Oct 2016 15:35 #54759 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Lemon Sat RXs terrible rainge.
The regulator may be outputting a "dirty" voltage that can cause tons of issues.

More
09 Oct 2016 16:28 #54762 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Lemon Sat RXs terrible rainge.
Can you test the sat on a different naze32 board or a main rx or do something to eleminate that specific naze as you've already ruled out the receiver as the problem? I would suspect the already known bad naze as being the source of your issue over the devo...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
09 Oct 2016 21:33 - 09 Oct 2016 21:34 #54773 by ixlix
Replied by ixlix on topic Lemon Sat RXs terrible rainge.
I tested it on my atom and the same thing, loses signal with two meters during the range test.

So could be my Devo's module? I have a spare 8s module I can try.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2016 21:34 by ixlix.

More
10 Oct 2016 08:16 #54783 by ixlix
Replied by ixlix on topic Lemon Sat RXs terrible rainge.
So I think I've figured it out. I tried a Walkers rx1002 Rx and was only getting about 5m on the range test, so I knew it had to be the tx/module. Thinking about the tx more I know I recently I broke my antenna, and so replaced it with a Ulf to sma pigtail and standard antenna. It worked fine for the last couple of flight sessions. I saw the original antenna sitting on my desk and thought of trying it. Hooking up the original I got about 10-12 around corners (in my house) during the range test so I think I've found the culprit. Ive replaced it with another new ufl to sma pigtail and it seems to get about 15m around corners now. Hopefully a field test will confirm its working again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds