Bind devo7e with Dasmikro micro dsm2 receiver

More
10 Oct 2016 12:49 #54790 by ciossonno
Hi, someone of you had luck binding with this micro dsm2 receiver?
Dasmikro dsm2 5ch 2.4ghz rc micro
banggood.app.link/xoHvnn1jmx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2016 12:14 #55046 by Franck
Hello, I wish also bought this receiver. Someone tried is compatible?

;)

More
28 Oct 2016 17:39 #55484 by CesiumSalami
Replied by CesiumSalami on topic Bind devo7e with Dasmikro micro dsm2 receiver
I got it. I seems to work for me but I'm running into the issue described here: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...x-is-limited-at-1860

More
01 Nov 2016 21:10 #55588 by secnpa
I'm having the same problem binding this DasMikro dsm2 RX to either of my Devos. I originally tried with the firmware(4.0.1) that I had previously installed then updated to 5.0.0 and still can not bind. I do not have a native dsm TX to test it with but it powers on fine and tries to bind with no luck. Clearing the ID makes no difference.

More
02 Nov 2016 13:57 #55610 by CesiumSalami
I recall having a similar issue when binding. I have a Spektrum DX6i that bound to this no problem using the standard bind switch on the transmitter. That bind switch appears to just run the bind protocol for a long time ....

I recall that with my Dev 7e (5.0.0) I had to push the bind button many times in succession (probably after a bunch of failed attempts) to get it to bind to the DasMikro. It was finicky - but I had success.

Honestly not loving this product - but it gets the job done I suppose.

More
02 Nov 2016 14:47 #55614 by secnpa
Thanks, i will try that today. I would love to return this thing but yeah it's banggood.

More
03 Nov 2016 16:47 #55643 by secnpa
Unfortunately, still not working for me. I hit bind repeatedly on the 7e while the dasmikro is in its binding phase and nothing ever happens. After 3 seconds the dasmikro just indicates that there is no connection. Very annoying since i waited 3 weeks for this thing.

More
03 Nov 2016 17:04 #55644 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Bind devo7e with Dasmikro micro dsm2 receiver
What number of channels do you use? Try with DSM2 7ch mode.

More
03 Nov 2016 17:05 - 03 Nov 2016 17:08 #55645 by CesiumSalami
WELL!
A: That's REALLY annoying.

B: If it doesn't work - just tell Banggood. They obviously can't compensate you for your lost time - but they should refund you for a defective product. They've sent me a number of items that were dead on arrival. I just posted a 10 sec video for all them on youtube (taken with my phone) showing that I was actually trying. They will offer to replace first - or refund. I know the disappointment associated with getting something after like 2 weeks in the mail. Only to have to wait another 2-3 weeks to get a replacement. But.... well.... better than nothing. I usually just ask for a refund.

C: Is there a reason you really need this particular product? Like you NEED PPM? What board are you joining it to? I was just using this thing today remarking how annoying it was. The settings drift - I had to apply more subtrim. Then I crashed my other drone because I accidentally left the Devo on the settings for this (which was dumb, yeah) - The other quad was on a was on a LemonRX Satellite (which weighs 1.2 g decased) - requires barely any subtrim and gets the full stick range (1000) easy. Additionally, once trimmed it has laser focus. The DasMikro can never decide on a precise setting. There's LemonRX which is $5 for + shipping for a single Sat. Took like 7 days to get to me from Hong Kong (bought directly from their website). Or the Redcon gets good reviews and is DSMX ... www.banggood.com/Redcon-2_4G-DSM2-DSMX-S...8-DX7-p-1049447.html

Also: For my DasMikro (from the comment above) - I am using 7 ch, too - perhaps that's the ticket?
Last edit: 03 Nov 2016 17:08 by CesiumSalami.

More
03 Nov 2016 17:17 #55646 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Bind devo7e with Dasmikro micro dsm2 receiver
Orange satellite can't bind with Deviation with 6ch mode, but can bind with 7ch mode. Spektrum receivers can bind with any number of channels.

Or, you can try to use custom v5.0.0 build. I think it can solve this problem. Builds are at the end of topic:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...ith-latest-protocols

More
03 Nov 2016 18:47 #55648 by ketsa
I use the very cheap Redcon CM621 from banggood when I need a small DSM2 receiver - Only PWM though.

More
03 Nov 2016 21:16 #55650 by secnpa
Thanks for the help guys.. but it's still a no go. I hope the OP has gotten his to work cuz I feel like I've highjacked his thread.

So ive tried in 6 and 7ch.. with and without ID and still nothing. The board im using is PPM only Eachine tiny 32bit f3 I was going for a very light and small build but maybe i should have just gone with proven products.

I have yet to try any of the nightly builds but I will if you guys think it might help. If that doesnt work I guess I'll be making a youtube video tonight haha.

Thanks again.. really appreciate it!

More
03 Nov 2016 21:21 - 03 Nov 2016 21:27 #55651 by CesiumSalami
FWIW - according to the spec - this board can accept a DSM(X/2) satellite and power it via the standard 3.3v

Additionally, the first review right now (E010 + This board) claims to be running a LemonRX Sat. So, the Recon above or Lemon should work just fine.

Goodluck!

Top left corner of the image below lists "DSM":

Last edit: 03 Nov 2016 21:27 by CesiumSalami.

More
03 Nov 2016 23:10 #55654 by secnpa
Ok so excuse my ignorance for not understanding how I could use a non-ppm RX like the Redcon cm621 on this board that doesnt have traditional PWM inputs. I thought i was stuck using PPM only and that the DSM inputs on the board was meant only for a specific type of Spektrum RX.

Now im very annoyed at myself because i have 2 of these exact Redcons sitting unused in a box.. And to think i waited over 3 weeks for this dasmikro.

Enlighten me if you will!

More
03 Nov 2016 23:17 - 03 Nov 2016 23:47 #55655 by CesiumSalami
Can you post a link to the receiver that you have?
It MAY only work with the satellite....

I know the Redcon satellite listed above works. I think that port is designed for DSM satellites.

If you have one of those kicking around you just solder it up and bind away. Easier if you have the main receiver - then binding is super easy. Otherwise you have to do it Beta/Cleanflight CLI, which is a royal PITA sometimes.

github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/blob/...s/Spektrum%20bind.md
Last edit: 03 Nov 2016 23:47 by CesiumSalami.

More
04 Nov 2016 01:50 #55656 by secnpa
Oh ok i get it now.. my misunderstanding. I do not have a sattelite receiver but the one mentioned by Ketsa Redcon cm621

More
11 Nov 2016 19:37 #55855 by secnpa
Just a quick follow up.. and not a happy one.

So the nightly builds didn't help me bind my 7e with the dasmikro dsm2 receiver. I still get zero response from the RX when trying to bind. What really has me frustrated is that I have since received another FPV micro the Kingkong Q100micro FPV from Banggood. I figured I would have a much better time with this kit that has it's own sattelite dsm2 RX included but sure enough this RX never even goes into bind mode. It flashes once and doesn't blink again until I reconnect it to power. I follow all of the guides I can find about connecting a Sat RX in cleanflight and zero luck.

So now I have two dsm2 FPV micros and neither of them fly.

More
11 Nov 2016 20:29 #55856 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Bind devo7e with Dasmikro micro dsm2 receiver

secnpa wrote: Just a quick follow up.. and not a happy one.

So the nightly builds didn't help me bind my 7e with the dasmikro dsm2 receiver. I still get zero response from the RX when trying to bind. What really has me frustrated is that I have since received another FPV micro the Kingkong Q100micro FPV from Banggood. I figured I would have a much better time with this kit that has it's own sattelite dsm2 RX included but sure enough this RX never even goes into bind mode. It flashes once and doesn't blink again until I reconnect it to power. I follow all of the guides I can find about connecting a Sat RX in cleanflight and zero luck.

So now I have two dsm2 FPV micros and neither of them fly.

in CLI, the 'set spektrum_sat_bind = 3 (save) doesn't work ?

More
11 Nov 2016 21:52 - 11 Nov 2016 23:01 #55857 by secnpa
I tried 'set spektrum_sat_bind = 3' and also 5.. Nothing works. I tested the dsm port on the FC and it is supplying 3.3v to the rx but for some reason the rx flashes once when i first plug everything in and then goes blank. What is very strange is occasionally if i bump the rx it will flash again but i can not replicate it.. So it isnt a bad wiring contact cuz ive made sure by removing the connectors and soldering the wires right to the contacts on both the fc and rx sides.

Im completely stumped.. Here is a short clip just to verify that my settings are correct.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2016 23:01 by secnpa.

More
15 Nov 2016 10:42 #55947 by kaligola
Replied by kaligola on topic Bind devo7e with Dasmikro micro dsm2 receiver
when u give command set , than save than disconnect usb cable and power model. if not make this will not see bind mode, at least this is the way i get bidnding on sats on my fc

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds