scaling

More
15 Oct 2016 04:13 #54941 by kabo
scaling was created by kabo
Thanks for the switch help, got it working! Can't wait the make two switches do 4 functions!!
Has anybody got an model.ini that aligns the upper and lower limits of the Devo 7e to a naze fc, I got all wired and working but some how my attempts to set up scales etc under the mixer to match to the low 1000-mid-1500-max 2000 scale of the the primaitive naze32 (my devo 7e won't put this out without programming and documentation on the whole deviation stuff is what? where? (compared to the CCC3d on librepilot, got a GUI and it's done!!!!) where you can't program the matchup on the cleanfliuck (sorry my spelling) software to adapt to the controller, but they want you to program two!!!!!!!! devices to make it work. Sorry I rant, I 'm from the old older the '70's, where the KISS principle was it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2016 09:15 #54956 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic scaling
Sorry, I am not native English speaker.
I understand nothing of the above.
Can you re-phrase, maybe make shorter sentances to the point?

I do not use Naze32 + Cleanflight / BaseFlight & Stuff yet...
Is there not any GUI where you match the mid (subtrim) to the end points (scale+ and scale-).

What is about programming and documentation on the whole deviation stuff????

In the advanced mixer GUI you can click on a channel and see all channel settings.
This includes scale+ and scale+ and subtrim.
You need to match those +-100% scale values (raise or lower values) with the shown max/min signal points of the Naze configuration channel screen, if there is any.

If there is not any channel monitor in the Naze configuration screen: Sorry, then I would not know myself how to do it.

I know it works with Deviation mixer channel scale+ and scale- settings as the Tarot ZYX heli FBL need some proper basic signal adjustment too. But there you have Tarot Setup GUI + channel monitor.

Probably I would need a Naze FC and CleanFlight GUI to understand where you real adjustment problem lies...sorry, can't test.

More
15 Oct 2016 09:41 #54957 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic scaling
documentation for programming the 7e is here > www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10

More
15 Oct 2016 11:22 #54963 by kabo
Replied by kabo on topic scaling
Harry, what I need is simple, I started on the mixer doc, it's making me dizzy?

Lower limit is to be 1000
mid point between 1000 and 2000 at 1500, linear (no) curve
max obviously at 2000

simple?
currently set at min limit -250
max limit 122
and scale- @250
and scale+ @100

this gives me around 900 to 2000 reading on cleanflight from the receiver, about right but the sticks seem to be too touchy just trying to hover, wants to flip, never get off the ground.
I've have a CC3D setup for this same bird using LibrePilot to setup but LibrePilot adjusts to Devo 7e, not the other way around like cleanflight. The CC3D runs and ran perfectly 1st try.

Goal here is to get some good base to take the devo 7e out of the picture in my learning this new fc (spracingF3) and cleanflight.

Thanks

More
15 Oct 2016 11:44 #54965 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic scaling
min/max limit is AFAIK just for mixer, that a mixer travel + stick movement can not overshoot max servo travel (mechanical bindings).

So I would firstly concentrate on scale-/scale+ and "forget" about limits.

If the sticks are too toughy you need to apply DualRate + expo.

I can not figure out what "touchy sticks" have to do with min/max travel way and CleanFlight FC calibration?

More
15 Oct 2016 12:36 - 15 Oct 2016 13:04 #54969 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic scaling
The only thing you have to do on the transmitter is scaling to reach the endpoints and subtrim to 1500, nothing else.
RC rates and Expo has to be set on the FC..... ( for CF and BF).

Edit: This is the only way to use the former feature... ( now default on BF) " super expo" which is quite nice.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 15 Oct 2016 13:04 by aMax.

More
17 Oct 2016 00:24 #55021 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic scaling

kabo wrote: Harry, what I need is simple, I started on the mixer doc, it's making me dizzy?

Lower limit is to be 1000
mid point between 1000 and 2000 at 1500, linear (no) curve
max obviously at 2000

simple?

No, it's not simple. The problem is that the values you are quoting are signal lengths in ms for the PWM output of the Rx. Those are ultimately set by the Rx, not the transmitter. Different Rx's will have different endpoints and even midpoints. so you can use the exact same model config on deviation with two different receivers and get two different sets of values,

What you want to do is set the mixer type to simple, and the curve to 1-1. Adjust the scale until the difference between the two values you see in cleanflight is 1000. Then adjust the offset so the lower value is 1000. If that doesn't do it, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing this.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
17 Oct 2016 06:37 #55027 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic scaling
Sticks calibrated?

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds