HELP! Devo 7E won't boot. LCD lights up but is blank, Transmitter beeps twice

More
01 Nov 2016 17:29 #55587 by RakelJamz
Hello, this is my first posting, but I'm in desperate need of help. I recently purchased a Devo 7e transmitter, and flashed Deviation with no issues. I then attemted to install the nrf24l01 mod. Once finished, the transmitter will not boot. When i turn it on, it beeps twice, the LCD lights up, but nothing is displayed on the screen. I removed the nrf24l01 module, but the same thing happens: 2 beeps, LCD lights up but is blank. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2016 19:31 #55626 by HappyHarry
have you removed all of the wiring from the module install? are there any shorts created by solder? have you tried reflashing deviation and replacing the file system (if you can get it to show up there of course)? what else have you tried to fix this issue?

More
04 Nov 2016 14:58 #55669 by RakelJamz
I have removed the module and attemted to clean up area. No visible solder splatter. The Lcd lights up but, nothing shows on it. Two ticks are audible when power is applied, but that is all. When the trim buttons are pressed, the remote still makes the sounds of trimming.

More
04 Nov 2016 15:12 #55670 by HappyHarry
have you tried re-flashing the firmware and replacing the file system contents? as it sounds like the filesystem is missing some data

More
04 Nov 2016 17:45 #55681 by RakelJamz
I haven't tried reflashing it as yet. However, i did try turning it on while holding the ENT button, and the transmitter acted as if it wasn't receiving power, and the LCD would no longer light up. I suppose I'll try hooking it up the my computer when i get home in a bit. Should I take the same steps I did when i first installed deviation?

More
04 Nov 2016 20:28 #55690 by HappyHarry
yes exactly the same, power up while holding ext and then flash the firmware, then power down, next power up while holding ext and copy across the file system

More
04 Nov 2016 20:49 #55691 by RakelJamz
Ok. I didn't update the file system the first time, i don't think. I used the Deviation installer, not the Walkera, if that matters. Is it just copy and paste into the root of the transmitter?

More
04 Nov 2016 22:47 #55694 by RakelJamz
So i reflashed the software, and copied the files. Now when the transmitter powers up it makes 3 beeps and the lcd comes on but it's still blank. No splash screen like the first time.

More
05 Nov 2016 02:13 #55702 by HappyHarry
what exact version of deviation are you installing?

More
05 Nov 2016 12:05 #55711 by RakelJamz

More
05 Nov 2016 13:45 #55712 by RakelJamz
The circuit board is clear of splatter, so i wonder why the lcd won't show any images, yet lights up?

More
07 Nov 2016 16:30 #55777 by RakelJamz
Went over the controller again to look for possible solder splatter, and still nothing. Any ideas what to check to find what's responsible for images to appear on the lcd?

More
07 Nov 2016 18:01 #55778 by RakelJamz
Ok, so i found that the lack of images on the lcd is due to a short around the vdd spot. If i lay a small piece of aluminum foil over the port, and apply pressure, the screen shows images! However, if i remove the pressure the image disappears. Anyone have any ideas?

More
07 Nov 2016 23:46 #55787 by HappyHarry
check your pcb against this picture to see if you have bridged a trace or dislodged a component, as there's no reason for pressure on the vdd via to sort an lcd issue

also does adding pressure without the foil fix the issue as well?

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds