Can I speed up the yaw rate with deviation?

More
11 Nov 2016 12:12 #55853 by wahnfried
Noob question, I am using an Eachine H8C with a deviation Devo 7e.
It flies well, apart from the yaw speed, which is boring slow, especially when you are comming from an H8 mini.
Now before I go into hours of studying the manuals, may I ask if it is even possible to speed up the yaw? And what do I need to learn? Is it the 8.2 Mixer section?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2016 14:42 #55872 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Can I speed up the yaw rate with deviation?
Not sure how it works, but I can remember for the Eachine H8, they used something like called dynamic trims? I think if you scale up the endpoints to the max then play with expo?

More
19 Nov 2016 01:05 #56025 by Fer
This is very interesting question, i would also like to know the answer. In all cases when i have tryed to increase the yaw rate on slow yaw quads, it hasn't worked. I have increased the limits, max value, etc, but in all cases there wan't any obvious change. In some cases i even compared the yaw rate with the yaw rate of the original txs the qauds came with, to see if there was any improovment. There wasn't. But maybe there is something i am missing.

More
19 Nov 2016 03:14 - 19 Nov 2016 03:15 #56026 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Can I speed up the yaw rate with deviation?
Most of the toy quad protocols (maybe all, definitely Bayang) set the channel scaling so that deviation 100% produces the maximum value that can be sent on a channel.

So no, your yaw rate won't increase if you increase the channel scaling. Sounds like my Syma X11's yaw rate.

The hobby protocols are different, and I think most are set so ±100% corresponds to 1000/2000ms pwm (or equivalent for serial protocols) from the receiver (some discussion here of the possibilities). Scaling these protocols over 100% will extend the range of the signal out of the receiver past those limits.
Last edit: 19 Nov 2016 03:15 by hexfet.

More
19 Feb 2017 21:01 #59336 by Quadman
Replied by Quadman on topic Can I speed up the yaw rate with deviation?
Try using expo. You need to be using the advanced menu system. Select Rudder, select expo, try symmetric or negative, remembering the more <o will increase the stick inputs at centre. I normally go for around -17 to -21 depending on the model.

More
19 Feb 2017 23:27 #59346 by Quadman
Replied by Quadman on topic Can I speed up the yaw rate with deviation?
Expo combined with throttle rate, are two of the main reasons I chose to use deviation apart from the obvious one of being able to dump a shed load of naff toy grade TX's. A friend guided me to these two videos
, I hope these help.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds