Multiprotocol TX Module?

More
12 Nov 2016 21:15 #55877 by DarkWolf
Multiprotocol TX Module? was created by DarkWolf
Getting back into the hobby after a long time out, was dusting off my TX and wanted to get it back up to speed with the latest firmware and revamp things. Currently I have the module from a V911 installed, but I was considering pulling it and installing a multimodule with full antenna. Don't see much of anything in the forms though? But I'm sure I'm looking in the wrong place.

The one I was considering is: www.banggood.com/2_4G-CC2500-A7105-Flysk...tenna-p-1048377.html

Is this supported? And if so, which "model" should be selected. I see that they have Flysky, Frsky and JR listed.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2016 03:07 #55881 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic Multiprotocol TX Module?
Actually, logically this seems to be a direct replacement to the factory module. Does anyone have any experience with it?

www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-C...itter-p-1096707.html

More
13 Nov 2016 07:18 #55890 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Multiprotocol TX Module?
The first one is PPM module with some of protocols implemented on the board. The second one is not a direct replacement, you need to wire 3 additional pads on the right of the main connector to the main board.

More
13 Nov 2016 17:34 #55903 by DarkWolf
Thanks for the information. On the second one, am I correct in thinking that I can simply remove the factory board and use it? II know I've got to add the 3 leads to the main board. This is not unlike what I had to do with the V911 board I added in. But if I can simply pull ALL the current modules and simply use the CC2500 NRF24L01 A7105 CYRF6936 4 In 1 via one antenna, then that is the route I'll go.

I'd been looking into it further and have found the following.
www.drone-maniac.com/news-multimodule-4-...0-7e-and-some-other/

which leads to a thread over here.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5955-7e...he-devo-version-4in1

Guess it will be some time of looking around to verify things. I'll split my 8s later on to remind myself what the inside looks like and what I've already done to it. Been some odd 3 years since I messed around with this hobby.

More
13 Nov 2016 20:28 #55910 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Multiprotocol TX Module?
8s does not have such a convenient third pad to solder to - you need to use MCU pin directly. Devo 10 is the easiest to mod.

More
16 Nov 2016 22:43 #55974 by DarkWolf
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know a link to a tut for both of the modules above that is for the 8s? I'd say sure, I'll get a Devo 10 just to do this, but that's hardly logical. My soldering skills are good, though I'd end up getting a better station of I need to solder directly to the chip pin. Either way, would like to compare both options for this radio.

More
06 Dec 2016 15:53 #56594 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Multiprotocol TX Module?

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds