Blade Inductrix FPV plus momentary switch help

More
28 Sep 2017 21:58 #64727 by Hobbez
Ok, I got this little guy today and he is heaps of fun. I have him programmed enough in my 8s to fly perfect and change flight modes, but the arm and Meow mode are giving me fits. They both seem to be on the same channel which I have set to the RD_DR switch. The problem is that it takes a double toggle, on then off quickly, once to arm the quad, then on and off again if I flip over and need the Meow mode to flip me back over. I set up a virtual channel to use the upper left trim by the gear switch to replace that pita toggling, but I seem to be missing something because I just cant get it to work. I have attached my ini file, if someone could take a quick look at it and give me an idea of how to fix it, I would be in your debt. Thank you.

File Attachment:

File Name: model22.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2017 06:27 #64743 by kreppart
Replied by kreppart on topic Blade Inductrix FPV plus momentary switch help
I just got my 7E yesterday so I'm still figuring stuff out but what about using the trim switches? Look at section 11.3 "Using Trim as a Virtual Switch". I hope it works! If it does please post the INI because it will take me forever to get through all of it and my Inductrix Plus comes tomorrow :)

More
11 Oct 2017 19:38 #64966 by stringrazor
Replied by stringrazor on topic Blade Inductrix FPV plus momentary switch help
I really want to get one of these but I'll need to fly it with my 7e so I'll be watching this forum for info on arming & using "meow" mode. The little info I've seen suggested those functions are controlled by ch 5 AND 6?

More
11 Oct 2017 20:39 #64968 by kreppart
The ini files that Hobbez attached work great with my 7E with the double toggle that he mentioned. I made a few tweaks, I'll try to remember to post my modified version later. The toggling sucks, it would work better with a momentary switch which is why he was trying to map to the trim. It sucks but it works and it's exactly the same issue on my Spektrum DX6e.

Hobbez thanks for posting your ini files, I appreciate it! I was able to make a few tweaks but not much, I don't understand all this mapping & virtual channel stuff. If you ever get it to work on the trim please do share, that would be awesome.

More
11 Oct 2017 23:07 #64969 by stringrazor
Thanks! Please post your 7E ini and let me know which switch you're using for arm/disarm/meow. I have several models that use virtual switches mapped to trim buttons (none of which I created). Once I get a Plus, I will try to clone that code for the Plus model if no one else does it first.

More
12 Oct 2017 05:23 #64976 by X_Marine
Replied by X_Marine on topic Blade Inductrix FPV plus momentary switch help
Awesome guys..
I would love to have 7e up for the FTP Plus.

I have both vers of the FPV-Plus so if I can furnish any info from their radio "MLP6DSM" plz let me know.

I don't have a scope or freq scanner. Hmm, that just game me an idea,, wonder if I could use a scanner like Police Scanner etc. to find any info?.
But also not apposed to buying something if it would give me capabilities to be more helpful. Within reason of course.
Always kinda wanted something like a USB Oscilloscope that would interface with a computer.

Oh ya, I also have the Tiny7 DSM2, which I can bind but can not Arm. I have to learn how to setup switches in our config.ini. Actually have 2 Tiny7's as I bought a friend one also thinking I could add to his Devo7e,, but as of yet haven't fingered it out. Grrr.. ')

Many thanks and GL..
X/BillyD..

More
12 Oct 2017 15:09 #64992 by X_Marine
Replied by X_Marine on topic Blade Inductrix FPV plus momentary switch help
Hey kreppart,
I could also really use your Devo7e model.ini.
Also it would be helpful for all of us learning this, if you could add a Remark above any lines you had to adjust.

But most important, please upload the file.. ')
Many thanks & thanks to Hobbez which got this going. ')
X/BillyD.. B)
Almost forgot, I have found "Deconstructing Deviation Model files" by Jeffrey Diehl,, to be very helpful in learning more about this. It's in PDF form under Tutorial section I believe.
I need to add this to my sig.

More
13 Oct 2017 06:01 #65017 by kreppart
Here's the file that I am using with my Devo 7E. I changed very little from the one that Hobbez posted other than adding the timer and mapping it to the right switch. Thanks for the tip on the model files PDF, I will check that out.

The next thing I want to figure out is how to get "blue" mode enabled. Right now FMOD switches between green and red and I'd like it to switch between blue and red. Any tips on how to do that would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

- ken
Attachments:

More
13 Oct 2017 23:30 - 13 Oct 2017 23:34 #65049 by stringrazor
Thanks for posting your ini file! I picked up a Plus from the LHS today and fooled around a bit with the flight mode. It's controlled on CH 5. a value of -100 = Green, 0 = Blue , +100=Red. I'm no expert on Deviation model programs but I find the "EXPO+DR" template confusing. For something simple like sending out fixed values, name notwithstanding, I find the "COMPLEX" mixer template easier to use.

For Blue and RED modes controlled by the FMODE SW, on CH 5 create a COMPLEX mixer with 2 pages:.

Page 1:
Switch: FMODE0
Mux: REPLACE
Src: NONE
Curve: FIXED
Scale: 0 (for Blue, -100 for green)
Offset: 0
No Trim

Page 2:
Switch: FMODE1
Mux: REPLACE
Src: NONE
Curve: FIXED
Scale: 100 (for red)
Offset: 0
No Trim

My Devo 7e has an extra 2 position switch so for me, I created a 3-page mixer with the same values as above except:

Page1: switch =A0 Scale=0
Page2: Switch=A1 Scale=-100
Page3 Switch=FMODE1=100

When A and FMODE switcges are off (0 position) value 0 is sent and I'm in BLUE MODE
When A is on (A1) and FMODE is off (FMODE0) , value -100 is sent and I'm in GREEN Mode (which seems kinda useless but I haven't played with it yet)
when FMODE is on (FMODE1), value 100 is send and I'm in RED MODE not matter what A is set to.

EDIT: seems it's not as neat as I thought ... the switches work but at times they are reversed . Oh well, ini tweaking ahead.....

Good luck...

---- Gary ----
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Oct 2017 23:34 by stringrazor.

More
08 Feb 2019 19:21 #72821 by Deviation noob
Replied by Deviation noob on topic Blade Inductrix FPV plus momentary switch help
nope...CH 5. a value of +100 = Green, 0 = Blue , -100=Red.

More
08 Feb 2019 19:24 #72822 by Deviation noob
Replied by Deviation noob on topic Blade Inductrix FPV plus momentary switch help
-100 is red

More
08 Dec 2019 21:54 - 08 Dec 2019 23:09 #75548 by inalmanc
Replied by inalmanc on topic Blade Inductrix FPV plus momentary switch help
Jumper T8SG Plus

Finally I have the switches working for Blade Inductrix FPV plus the way I want. Thank you to all contributors for their help.
My model30.ini is attached. Also attached Whoop1.bmp (smaller).

SW B0 for Green Mode
SW B1 for Blue Mode
SW B2 for Red Mode
SW H0 and H for ARM and Meow Mode

If you see something off, let me know so I can adjust.

Thanks
-CI

File Attachment:

File Name: model30.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Dec 2019 23:09 by inalmanc.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds