Jumper T8SG: How to operate the camera on Syma x5c

More
13 Nov 2017 08:20 #65784 by PhatBobby
I have another question..

How do I make the camera work for the Syma x5c using the Jumper T8SG? Still trying to figure that one out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2017 08:34 - 13 Nov 2017 08:42 #65785 by vlad_vy
As I can see from protocol source:
Channel 6 - Flip
Channel 7 - Picture
Channel 8 - Video

You can read the manual.

The SymaX protocol supports 9 channels and only supports auto-binding.
The first four channels represent Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, and Rudder.
The fifth channel is unused.
The sixth channel enables the auto-flip function when greater than zero.
The seventh channel takes a picture when the channel moves from negative to positive.
The eighth channel starts/stops video recording on each positive transition.
The ninth channel enables headless mode when positive.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 08:42 by vlad_vy.

More
13 Nov 2017 08:42 - 13 Nov 2017 09:13 #65786 by PhatBobby
I'm kind of new to this so please simplify it for me. Is channel a corresponding button on the controller like the original that came with it or something else? Again, I'm kinda new to this (Deviation) and I'm trying to learn. It took me the better part of a day just to finally get it to bind with my Syma. Again, I am totally new to this and want to learn more.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 09:13 by PhatBobby.

More
14 Nov 2017 16:11 #65824 by hexfet
Welcome to the hobby. There's a lot to learn. If you're completely new then google is your friend. Searching "introduction to radio control" and "rc channels explained" give many results. Prefer recent items as the technology is fast moving.

Recommend also going through the Deviation manual even if you don't understand everything. At least you'll start learning the vocabulary and that will help understand the things you read here. The Tutorial section of the board is also good.

One advantage of Deviation is it's very configurable, which also means it needs to be configured to perform as desired. To your specific question, vlad's information says that to take a picture the value being sent on channel 7 must move from negative to positive. In Deviation the channel value is controlled by the output of one or more mixes. The inputs to mixers are the sticks, knobs, and switches. So you need to add a mix for channel 7. Since only a negative and positive value are needed you can use a simple mix with a switch as the input.

More
14 Nov 2017 22:35 #65834 by PhatBobby
Thank you. I figured it out doing just what you said, using Google. I assigned the top two switches on the right shoulder of the controller for flips and to turn the video function on the x5c on and off. I'm loving this!:)

More
08 Sep 2019 17:48 #75089 by diabolo63
Hello, your answer is very interesting for me ... can you tell me where I can find this kind of informations, for other quad (Bugs 3 for exemple).

More
12 Sep 2019 03:54 #75100 by hexfet
The information we have is in the user manuals linked in the left column of this page. It is in the Protocols chapter.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds