Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?

More
19 Nov 2018 21:10 - 19 Nov 2018 21:19 #71818 by Zenmaniac
Is my Jumper T8SG bricked? was created by Zenmaniac
So I got the Jumper about a year ago, used it a few times and put it away. My friend got a new quad, but still hadn't received his Tx from Bangood, so asked to borrow my Jumper.

He flew his quad around his house a few times and then brought it and the Tx to an indoor quad gathering. I should note that he's a RC pilot of over 25 years so knows how to take care of his stuff. He brought the transmitter out at the gathering, and the screen was blank. The red and green lights light up, and for a split second when powering up the display looks like it's going to work, but it doesn't.

He returned it to me apologetically, and I thought I could potentially update the firmware to fix it. I downloaded DfuSE and associated drivers, and tried to put the Tx into Dfu mode, holding the EXT button while starting it. Nothing. Still blank screen with both the red and green lights lit. I tried updating the drivers, but the transmitter doesn't appear in my "Devices listing". I tried putting the Jumper into USB-mode with ENT-PowerOn, but it's still not recognized by the Windows 10 PC. I confirmed that the USB cable works by plugging it into another USB device.

I re-seated all the connections on the main board, including the display ribbon cable. I don't see (or smell) any signs of component failure on the board (haven't unscrewed it to look at the bottom, though.

Oh yeah, the battery's fine. 4.1v/cell.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-= Dave
Last edit: 19 Nov 2018 21:19 by Zenmaniac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2019 00:34 #74383 by Costantino
Replied by Costantino on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?
Did you ever solve this?

I'm having this exact same problem. I have one of the second run of the first model (with the diagonal USB port in the battery bay) it's about 18 months old, and has had about 10 hours a week of use. It's far too young to die :-(

It used to make a weird sound when i'd turn it off every once in a while, but it only happened a few times.
Yesterday it showed the USB symbol for about 3 seconds and then dimmed to black, and that was it.
Now turns on with a black screen and the red light, then the green light about 2 seconds later.
Same behaviour in DFU or USB mode.

If I can't fix it, I'll probably not by another Jumper if it's going to just die for no reason like this.
Maybe it will be a Q X7 next, but they seem so huge.

More
25 May 2019 10:24 #74384 by Alf-1234
Replied by Alf-1234 on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?
Diese Problem mit dem USB Mode und den schwarzen Bildschirm hatte ich auch. Alles kein Problem.
In einem anderen Forum hat man da auch heftig drüber diskutiert und das Problem gelöst.

Als erstes den Sender formatieren und dann die Dateien neu drauf kopieren.
Neueste Firmware aus den Nightly Builds installieren.
Danach sollte alles wieder gut sein.

This problem with the USB mode and the black screen I had too. No problem.
In another forum, there has also discussed violently over it and solved the problem.

First format the station and then copy the files on it again.
Install latest firmware from the Nightly Builds.
After that, everything should be alright again.

More
26 May 2019 23:36 #74396 by JayDrone
Replied by JayDrone on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?

More
27 May 2019 00:52 #74397 by Costantino
Replied by Costantino on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?
Unfortunately the USB appears to be dead, so I can't connect to flash a new firmware. I get nothing in ENT or EXT mode. No USB devices on the computer.
I'm prepared to flash a new bootloader with my STLink programmer if I had the file.

More
28 May 2019 03:02 #74407 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?
Bootloaders are available under the Downloads link in the left column. For the T8SG use the 7E-256 bootloader.

• Kentuckian
  • Home is Bullitt County, Ky
More
01 Jul 2019 02:30 - 01 Jul 2019 04:04 #74621 by Kentuckian
Replied by Kentuckian on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?
Tried connecting USB to Windows 7 and also tried Windows 10 and neither recognize my new Jumper T8SG+ . When attempt to connect via USB, Windows returns a prompt ballon saying it is a "malfunctioning USB device" and to replace it! Very disappointed in this product. BangGood may soon be getting it back. Deviation firmware is too faulty if you can't even connect USB to update it.Is there a missing Windows driver I need to find? I'm using a full charged 2s lipo BTW. I've never connected any quad to it as I wanted to back the system up first as it had been recommended to do by our friend Jay Drone. At least he could connect a bricked one to reload. Is there a solution??? I am admittedly a noob but not a stupe. Help?

PTL!!! Problem solved! How? As a final pursuit I thought about the USB cable itself. It's the old odd shaped type. I remember that my Mobius camera charge cable is the same type. I connected again using the Mobius cable and USB instantly opened the Jumper files in Windows. I'm wondering how many defective or wrongly wired cords are the problem many are having with their "bricked" Jumper Plus.

Live in FailSafe mode
Last edit: 01 Jul 2019 04:04 by Kentuckian. Reason: Problem solved announced

• Kentuckian
More
01 Jul 2019 02:36 - 01 Jul 2019 04:05 #74622 by Kentuckian
"First format the station and then copy the files on it again.
Install latest firmware from the Nightly Builds.
After that, everything should be alright again."

You can't format what you can't access! USB connection is failed.
PTL!!! Problem solved! How? As a final pursuit I thought about the USB cable itself. It's the old odd shaped type. I remember that my Mobius camera charge cable is the same type. I connected again using the Mobius cable and USB instantly opened the Jumper files in Windows. I'm wondering how many defective or wrongly wired cords are the problem many are having with their "bricked" Jumper Plus.

Live in FailSafe mode
Last edit: 01 Jul 2019 04:05 by Kentuckian. Reason: Problem solved announced

• Kentuckian
More
01 Jul 2019 02:37 #74623 by Kentuckian
What is a "bootloader" and how do you use it, please?

Live in FailSafe mode

• Kentuckian
More
01 Jul 2019 03:55 #74624 by Kentuckian
PTL!!! Problem solved! How? As a final pursuit I thought about the USB cable itself. It's the old odd shaped type. I remember that my Mobius camera charge cable is the same type. I connected again using the Mobius cable and USB instantly opened the Jumper files in Windows. I'm wondering how many defective cords are the problem many are having with their "bricked" Jumper Plus.

Live in FailSafe mode

More
16 Oct 2022 21:53 #78105 by JmP
Replied by JmP on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?
Read the messages and found the USB cable that matches the Jumper.
Plugged cable into both and then turned on Tx....red light on power button and USB symbol on screen.
Nothing happens as I press Tx buttons.
Now what ????

More
17 Oct 2022 16:09 #78106 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?
Most likely Tx filesystem is damaged. Try write filesystem to Tx USB drive from firmware archive. Don't write *.zip and *.dfu files.

www.jumper-rc.com/download/t8sg-plus-v3/

More
18 Oct 2022 05:37 #78107 by JmP
Replied by JmP on topic Is my Jumper T8SG bricked?
I have watched Jumper fix it videos and also all the other computer suggestions to get the Tx operating again. There is no connection between the computer and Jumper other than a couple beeps. You would think that with all the other Jumper users with the same USB on the screen problem that Diviation would have made an effort to show a simple step by step process to repair our Jumpers. I can'r even connect with their support.
Any other ways to make the Jumper work once more ?

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds