T8SG Plus updating

More
10 Jan 2019 10:45 #72268 by Michel406
T8SG Plus updating was created by Michel406
Hello
I tried to see all functionnalities of my transmitter T8SG and I understood, even if I do not master their use yet, the usefulness of all the options offered by the software deviation. I have one last point to clarify: how updates work.

I understand that there are 3 states in which the transmitters is connected to a PC via a USB port.
1) the USB mode selected in the main menu in which the transmitter is seen by the PC as a storage volume. In this mode, all files are accessible and editable, except those that are in use as the translation file, the icons used. This mode obviously does not allow to update the firmware.
2) the USB mode selected at power-on (ENT + ON / OFF) in which the transmitter is seen by the PC as a storage volume and in which all files without exception are accessible read / write.
3) the DFU mode selected at power-on (Exit + on / off) in which the transmitter is not seen by the Windows explorer, in which the tools Dfuse do not work (I tested under windows 7 and windows 10), and only the deviationUpLoader java tool detects the transmitter (as Devo7E) and seems to work (I did not start the Update because I do not need it at the moment).
I tried version 8 and version 9 and both detect T8SG as Devo 7e.

So I suppose that the firmware is written in an inaccessible memory area to windows explorer. I made a back-up of the file system present at the delivery of my transmitter in which there is the zipped file for update.

My question : Before starting an update, Can I be sure to be able to restore my transmitter to its original state by using the original zip file and the Deviation tool uploader , because after reading on the forum articles about the T8SG updating , several people had fonctionnal problems after an update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2019 14:09 #72271 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic T8SG Plus updating
If your filesystem has *.dfu file (firmware) you can save filesystem to PC and can restore original state.

All devo7e-256 clones (T8SG, IR8M, T8SG V2) detected as Devo 7e.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds