updating deviation fw

More
16 Sep 2012 01:50 - 16 Sep 2012 01:57 #1640 by magic_marty
updating deviation fw was created by magic_marty
not sure i understand fully how to upgrade to the latest release without using the walker dfuse tool..it works using the tool but is there a way to upgrade to the latest release without using the dfusu tool?

i read the release notes but i don't fully understand how to do it in usb mode..

when i first installed the deviation i didn't format i just used the walkera dfusu tool...is it better to format? i mean would i have gained more free space if i did the format? rather then using the dfusu tool?
if so and i do format will i loose the ability to use the dfusu tool after the format or will it still work?

sorry for so many questions but i was thinking i might have installed it incorrectly and it might cause problems later on or cost me some memory space..
thanks for any help in advanced..
Last edit: 16 Sep 2012 01:57 by magic_marty. Reason: added question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2012 04:58 #1641 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic updating deviation fw
Using the format + copy is identical to loading the library with dfuse.
It is currently a lot more time-consuming for me to build the library dfu (I need to do the format + copy on my tx, and then download the dfu so that you can re-upload it. So until I find an automated way to do it, I'm going to be supporting the format + copy method going forward.

If you already have deviation installed, it is very easy, just enter USB mode and copy all files except for the model directory. If you currently have Devention, then you need to do the Format 1st then copy the entire contents of the filesystem directory.

More
16 Sep 2012 06:16 #1642 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic updating deviation fw
when i installed the first release i had the Devention on my tx and i didn't format i just used the dfsu tool and loaded the library for deviation then used the tool to upgrade the firmware...

i just realised i didn't update the 1.1.0 file system oops...
but i understand what your saying now and see how its easier to do it the way you described...

thanks a bunch..:)

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds