Protocol - which one to use?

More
20 Sep 2012 15:03 #1753 by maxjos
Protocol - which one to use? was created by maxjos
Ok, so I will try to explain the issue I'm seeing as best as can. Basically I have the DEVO 8S with Deviation 1.1.2 and the RX2622V which is the WK series receiver used for V120D02 helis. Now I'm trying to figure out which protocol to use here and have tried with WK2801 and WK2601.

When I connect servos to AILE and ELEV I expect (in mode2) the right stick to move servos full out for each channel with simple EXPO mixing for ELEV and AILE channels. Hope I'm making sense so far. Now, what happens is that if I use the WK2801 protocol there seem to be some mixing going on so that even if I have no mixing set up on the controller, the aile servo still move (a little) when input to elev stick. When I just move the aile stick only the aile servo moves. Also there seem to be some strange movement of the servos taking a long time to return to mid-position (I guess this is some balance delay or something and I presume the mixing happens on the RX side?).

If I switch to use the WK2601 protocol the elev stick input provides the expected travel output on the elev servo but now aile servo only responds to throttle stick input *and* it does not travel full length. I'm probably doing something very wrong here but I have tried to make sure that the aile and elev mixing is simple, expo and source is corresponding to aile and elev. This is just to test so I am sure I understand the basic before doing some more advanced mixing.

I'm thinking I must do something wrong but then again the very different servo responses when switching between the two protocols I don't understand so was hoping someone could clarify what's going on here. Thanks in advance!

M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2012 16:15 #1754 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Protocol - which one to use?
try loading the 6ch heli template..see how it does.

More
20 Sep 2012 16:29 #1755 by maxjos
Replied by maxjos on topic Protocol - which one to use?
Thanks. Yep, tried it. The behaviour of the servos are the same for the templates. The protocol seem to be what's effecting this. I have tried with two different receivers now, the RX2622V and RX2610V and the result is basically the same. Now when I switched to the DEVO protocol and used my RX802 I do get the expected results from the mixing. Is some mixing happening in the RX2622V and RX2610V ?

Strange...

More
20 Sep 2012 16:41 #1756 by magic_marty
be sure that the swash is set to none...i think i had the same problem when i set up my rx2618 ..

More
20 Sep 2012 16:47 #1757 by magic_marty
try this and see if it works, its the model file to my v370d05 which is set to 2801 protocal ...just set the stick mode to your preference as i fly on mode3 most people don't...be sure to unplug the motor while testing to ensure no spin up...
Attachments:

More
20 Sep 2012 16:49 #1758 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Protocol - which one to use?
I think that you cann't get predicted results from Rx with gyro and some logic inside. On other side, RX802 is pure Rx.

More
20 Sep 2012 17:05 #1759 by maxjos
ok so the mixing I'm seeing is by the gyro on the RX side? Is it possible to disable it?

M

More
20 Sep 2012 17:06 #1760 by magic_marty
not that i know of i think its built into the rx firmware..

More
20 Sep 2012 17:27 #1761 by maxjos
Ok, thanks for the help. Looks like this guy was able to remove the gyro from his RX2609 www.robshangar.com/2010/01/20/6-ch-2gm-walkera-rx-2609/ - however from all the 6 or 7 micro RX I have from Walkera none of them are the 2609 :) Ah, well. Guess I'm back to wowhobbies for a RX2609 then...

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds