PPM not outputting more than 4 channels?

More
23 Sep 2012 08:23 #1764 by gabeo
I'm trying to use my Devo 8s with Phoenix Sim. I have a USB dongle and trainer wire that works with it via the "DSC" plug on my TX. I've always been able to use it with the stock Devention firmware without issue.

Since installing the lately Deviation with PPM support, I figured I could get back in to my sim training again. The problem is, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get more than 4 channels to work. My model config shows PPM with 8 channels. Or I can set it to 6 or 10 or whatever I want, and while it will let me configure those channels, Phoenix doesn't actually see anything on them. I'm in there configuring the TX in Phoenix, and it will show me all the channels and they're status. No matter what I put on that channel, it doesn't show that there's any input.

I didn't see any known issues or mention in the release notes about it, so I'm not sure if it's just me, or what.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2012 03:12 #1804 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PPM not outputting more than 4 channels?
I believe I tested up to 8 channels on Phoenix. As soon as I get a chance, I'll hook up my Tx again and verify that it works. May be a few days though.

More
25 Sep 2012 12:25 - 25 Sep 2012 12:25 #1815 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PPM not outputting more than 4 channels?
I tested and it seems to work fine for me in Phoenix.

steps:
set tx to PPM and 8 channels
press Re-init
go to the mixer page and set all 8 channels to 'simple' and select a source (I set channels 5-8 to 'THR' to test
Start Phoenix
Plug in DSC port
System->Transmitter->Calibrate
I had all 8 channels working at this point.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2012 12:25 by PhracturedBlue.

More
25 Sep 2012 18:27 #1825 by gabeo
Replied by gabeo on topic PPM not outputting more than 4 channels?
Thanks. I will test it tonight with this specific procedure.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds