T8sg v3 plus carbon getting SAFE to work with UMX

More
14 Sep 2020 21:59 #76784 by Ronbo66
Hey guys,
Long time listener, first time caller.
Actually I'm a newbie. I've flown a few 3 channel planes but anyway. I've got a T8SG V3 Plus Carbon and I'm trying to get all of the features to work with a Horizon Hobby UMX Timber...ie SAFE,AS3X and the Flaps. I got it to bind and all 4 channels are working. The planes manual says channel 5 gear will turn the Safe off and on and channel 6 is for the flaps. To activate SAFE it says you have to toggle ch 5 off and on 5 times while holding the gimbals down and out.. I haven't done any firmware or software yet. Wasn't sure if I needed to. I would be very appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction with a little bit of guidance.

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2020 17:13 #76799 by Ariete
You will need to program both channels. Safe select means that you can activate and deactivate it by following the instructions. I always have it activated.
Here is a template for my UMX Mig-15 with safe select for my Devo8s. It is in safe mode when gear switch is on (gear1) and is in advanced mode when gear switch is off (gear0). It uses channel five for it.
Channels six and seven are programmed but not really in use. You can add the flaps at channel six.
Drop the file in the models section and it will automatically convert the switch names when yo select the model in the transmitter.

File Attachment:

File Name: model8.ini
File Size:20 KB

Hope this helps.

Gerardo
Attachments:

More
26 Sep 2020 19:23 #76830 by Ronbo66
Thank you for help! So far I've installed the fw from this site and I have the template you sent me in the models. I downloaded T8SG V2 Plus and my screen went black so I tried just T8SG V2 and It resolved it. Whew... Every time I try to upload the fw to myT8sg I don't see the template in the models but its still in the downloaded fw on my computer. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have windows 10.....
Thanks again!

Ron

More
27 Sep 2020 14:31 - 27 Sep 2020 14:34 #76831 by propnut
That is not a template. It is actually a model file. The idea is for you to open it in notepad or similar text editor and take a look at his various mixers and then replicate those in your radio. You could try dropping it directly into your models folder but as it was created on a different radio chances are it might not work as expected. To do this you must put the radio into USB mode, then mount it on your PC, open the drive, find the models directory, delete your current model 8 (or simply rename the file to a different model number) and then copy it into the MODELS folder.

You really need to study the DeviationTX manual rather than just looking for a quick fix otherwise you will never understand what you are doing.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2020 14:34 by propnut.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds