TX safety always on ch3?

• rbe2012
  • rbe2012's Avatar Topic Author
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
30 Sep 2012 11:04 #1887 by rbe2012
TX safety always on ch3? was created by rbe2012
I have put an orange dsm2 rx R610 to work, but i did not find a way to change the safety channel for tx safety to the throttle channel (ch1).
I tried
  • taking a default 6-ch-template (devo8) and changing to DSM2 - no change
  • searching through the whole gui to find a suitable button - not found
  • taking (a) a nearly empty template and (b) clean a modelXX.ini-file - both unsuccessfull
  • editing the modelXX.ini-file and changing the [safety]-entry from ch3=min to ch1=min - this does
I expected that the safety channel is defined by the protocol. At least I found a bug #16 where I read that the safety channel is the one definded as throttle channel.
In the source code I did not find the part where changing the protocol will set the safety channel.
Please, can anyone tell me if I am only too blind to see or if there is really missing something?
I looekd at the model templates here in the forum but there is only one comparable (Blade MCPx) and therein the safety channel is also ch3.

I think the way with downloading, editing and uploading a modelXX.ini-file is uncomfortable.
IMHO the safety channel should be reliable calculated by the channel definitions or should be a part of the protocols definition (PROTOCOL.h). I don't know if there are multifunctional receivers (with integrated mixing and / or stabilization) which need another setting but the protocol's one. For those it could be usefull to make it changeable with the gui.

If there is indeed missing something I would try to implement this if I get the neccessary infos for the different protocols.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2012 11:29 #1888 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic TX safety always on ch3?
I think at v1.1.2 it's changed, if you replaced file system with new version.

* The models now default to using the output channel for the specified protocol for the 'Safety' check. This will not affect existing models.

You need change old modelX.ini to [safety] Auto=min

• rbe2012
More
30 Sep 2012 12:11 #1890 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic TX safety always on ch3?
I tried this too (found a clue in config/model.c, line 779), but only in the emulator, which is still v1.1.0 (?). I have to update...

Back in the TX: it works fine.
I have read your quote somewhere but did not find it again. I could have saved so much time...
First I will update all my model files...

More
30 Sep 2012 12:44 #1891 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic TX safety always on ch3?
The note that vlad mentioned is from the release notes. It is important that you read them carefully in the early stages of the project where I am still making disruptive changes.

The model files are just ini files.
In there is a '[safety]' section
if you set it to 'Auto=min' for your existing model files, it will auto-detect the channel.
Alternative, you could set it to: 'ch1=min' to hard-code the value.
You can also have more complex safety values, specifying multiple channels and their safe value (min, zero, max)
This is not documented anywhere to my knowledge

• rbe2012
More
30 Sep 2012 16:53 #1892 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic TX safety always on ch3?
I have done this already and set the Auto=min value for all my models and it works as expected.
I would like to help you (all) with the developement of the software, but it is really complicated for me, because so much work is already done and I have not grown up with the deviation like you have. And what you have achieved until now is really great.
But such a thing like documenting the safety values can be done by someone like me.
I will try to do some docu in the next days and send you a proposal.
I have some other ideas, especially for the gui, but I don't know if someone else would like them. I will give them a chance by putting them in new threads in the next days...

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds