Charging NiMh batteries in my Devo8s

More
20 Nov 2012 15:30 #3033 by Hexperience
Charging NiMh batteries in my Devo8s was created by Hexperience
I was wondering if its safe to do, and if so what is the max milliamps my charger should be?

Is there a "charging circuit"? Meaning will is stop charging when the batteries are full and will it limit the amps... etc.

Also, (and totally don't care about it at this point) does deViation show an icon that the battery is charging? ;)

Cheers!

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2012 15:49 #3037 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Charging NiMh batteries in my Devo8s
I don't think there is a charging circuit. If there is, I don't think it is a very good one. I have a circuit diagram around somewhere, but I'm not sure I went all the way back to the jack.

We haven't yet added a charging indicator either.

More
20 Nov 2012 16:08 #3044 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Charging NiMh batteries in my Devo8s
No worries. I'll pickup a 200ma charger which should be low enough to trickle charge, and of course the voltage is displayed on screen so I can see how much charge there is.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
24 Nov 2012 18:44 - 24 Nov 2012 18:53 #3124 by flyguy
Replied by flyguy on topic Charging NiMh batteries in my Devo8s
on my devo 8s, the displayed voltage is exactly at 6V while charging. i think there must be something like a charging unit, somewhere in the manual is wirtten, that only NiMH can be charged, but not LiPo (i use a 12V 1,25A power supply, the 200mA is just the minimum output of the used power suppply).
Last edit: 24 Nov 2012 18:53 by flyguy.

More
25 Nov 2012 01:57 #3135 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Charging NiMh batteries in my Devo8s
Does it stop charging or indicate that it's done in anyway? I charged my batteries in a normal charger today and they got pretty warm. I know that's normal, but I really don't want to turn my 8s into toast.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds