devo 12s

More
09 Dec 2012 04:05 #3803 by MattMan
devo 12s was created by MattMan
Hello
I purchased a devo12s a couple months ago wanted to get a 12 channel radio for the freewing su-35 vectored jet I purchased and at the price of less then 500.00 for 12 channels and telemetry I went for it. So far I haven't been sorry. There are a few issues I would like to do with the radio I can't, they may seem minor but i can on my futaba..... So me being me I searched online to see if anyone else had these same wants and maybe some fixes. That's how I found your deviation site.... I would enjoy being able to hack my devo12, it would become my ultimate radio.... After reading about your great mission here I sadly realize that may be a long time coming. Would be great if I had the expertise to work on getting there sooner but again sadly I don't have the expertise.
anyway....
One thing I'd like to be able to do which I can't is have more control what the switches do. The hold switch for one which I use to disconnect the throttle stick from the esc's. And that works just the way it should but also link the hold switch to a timer. So when the hold is off the timer starts counting and effectively times my flights. As it works I can link the throttle stick to a timer but my only option is having the timer start when the throttle hold is active/on and stop the timer when the hold switch is off, basically timing how long the throttle hold is active not how long the flight is. (useless).... Would be perfect if I had control over what each switch position did like a futaba. Some might say just get a futaba,,,, its a big price difference. Just Can't afford a 12 channel futaba...
Another thing I wonder if hacking the programming would allow me to do has to do with the gps telemetry would be great if the radio would log the top speed and altitude for each flight. As it is now it's very difficult if not risky to read the screen while in flight....
I have to say I am very pleased with the devo12s it does have some short comings but for the price I really can't complain. And nothing to do with the radio but the Freewing SU-35 is a great value best designed foam jet I have bought yet and I have bought and scratch built quite a few. The SU-35 flies very very well. As with most arf's you do need to reinforce nose gear and I did upgrade motors and fans(10blades) it's a lot of fun!

Thanks for reading just sharing some thoughts.
Great mission/quest you guys have going on here!!!!
Wish I could help......
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds