Linux dfutool

More
11 Dec 2012 08:02 - 11 Dec 2012 08:19 #3869 by domcars0
Linux dfutool was created by domcars0
Hi,
Did anybody tried the linux 'dfutool' command to install/upgrade deviation ?
As I work with linux, I need to reboot on windows each time I need to upgrade deviation :(
Is there any risk to use this tool?
Thanks.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 11 Dec 2012 08:19 by domcars0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2012 08:33 #3870 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Linux dfutool
Wondering the same thing. I'm usually in Linux all day long and only boot in Windows to use flash my Devo 10.

I know some people used the mac dfu-utils with success but I've been afraid to use it on mine since I only have 1 TX and no equipment to relfash a bootloader f.e.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
11 Dec 2012 13:57 #3875 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Linux dfutool
There is at least one user who bricked his Tx using it. I have no idea how, since that should not be possible. Luckily, he recovered it by re-flashing the bootloader, which requires a $20 tool and a little soldering (actually you may be able to get by with a $3 CP2102 with no soldering using ISP, but I havent' tested it)

Since it is not possible for me to brick my Tx, I can play around with it and see, but I won't make any guarantees and if you screw up your Tx, all i can do is give instructions on how to rebuild the bootloader. Also, it is possible that what works for me in the Devo8 does not work in the Devo8S.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds